what does indie coalitions mean?

It's a great group of independent music stores that often get exclusive releases from big artists, although I think this is the first time Wilco will have something there exclusively.

Here's their website: www.cimsmusic.com

It's a great group of independent music stores that often get exclusive releases from big artists, although I think this is the first time Wilco will have something there exclusively.

Here's their website: www.cims.com

actually, here's there website:

http://www.cimsmusic.com/

and it looks like there isn't one in chicago.

Here's their website: www.cims.com

while i wholeheartedly support indy record stores the fees to join the independent coalition are greater than many small stores can afford. many of the stores in the indy coalition are actually small chains or are the real big indy stores like waterloo.

"The iTunes version of the album will include the outtake "Let's Not Get Carried Away," while indie coalitions will receive a bonus disc with the non-album song "One True Vine" and a previously unreleased live take of "Theologians" from the same Chicago shows that yielded "Kicking Television.""

Nice. The exclusion of Let's Not Get Carried Away was my only problem with the SBS track listing, and Theologians is one of my favorite Ghost tracks-especially live.

I'm really pumped to hear about the new tracks that are going to be coming out.

But - if it's on iTunes, does that mean it'll have some kind of restrictive digital rights management that will keep it from being readily available on the Internet? That would really suck. I want the version with the DVD, and I don't intend to buy the album twice just to get a bonus track.

actually, here's there website:

http://www.cimsmusic.com/

and it looks like there isn't one in chicago.

This is a bit of a bummer for me, but then i decided to click a link on that website which led me to this:

http://www.thinkindie.com/

Apparently these stores also sell a bunch of exclusive stuff, and there are locations in Chicago. I'm gonna call the Chicago stores listed on this website and see if they have this compilation when the album comes out.

Will it be possible to get the Deluxe Edition AND the "indie-store only" CD all in one package? Or will I have to buy the album twice to get both of these goodies?

"The iTunes version of the album will include the outtake "Let's Not Get Carried Away," while indie coalitions will receive a bonus disc with the non-album song "One True Vine" and a previously unreleased live take of "Theologians" from the same Chicago shows that yielded "Kicking Television.""

Nice. The exclusion of Let's Not Get Carried Away was my only problem with the SBS track listing, and Theologians is one of my favorite Ghost tracks-especially live.

This is a bit of a bummer for me, but then i decided to click a link on that website which led me to this:

Apparently these stores also sell a bunch of exclusive stuff, and there are locations in Chicago. I'm gonna call the Chicago stores listed on this website and see if they have this compilation when the album comes out.

that list looks more representative of the indy coalition stores i know of.

Cool, Alright!! Virgnia Beach, Va- Volume CD's That's right down the street from me!!! I wonder if they'll get the bonus disc album there!?!? Also, the people who work there are always very nice, they actually gave me a whole bunch of Tom Waits 'Orphans' Promo things when that album came out last year. Hopefully they'll have some 'Sky Blue Sky' stuff I can get!! :dancing