Twin Peaks Season 2

Twin Peaks Season 2 is finally out on DVD. I haven't made it through the whole season quite yet, but I'm finding it just as enjoyable as I did the first time around.

Things get pretty soap opera-ish after they find Laura's killer, but it's all just so funny and creepy and odd that it's really hard to believe this ever made it to broadcast TV.

There's not alot of extras, no commentaries, just some short interviews, but they've restored the "Log Lady Intros" to each episode, which are very bizarre (as all things related to the Log Lady tend to be), but enjoyable nonetheless.

One thing that I don't really understand is why they've put out the 2nd Season when the 1st season is long out of print and goes for big bucks on Amazon (up to $250 for an unused set, not much less for a used set). Some of the comments on Amazon seem to think this is part of some kind of scam and that in 6 months they'll release a "Deluxe" edition containing both seasons. But the Wikipedia entry has a bunch of (somewhat convoluted) info about the video rights which makes it seem like there's probably a less sinister explanation. The 1st Season, though, is still available in the UK (I just ordered it, in fact).

info from Bedazzled!

I have the first season on region 1 which doesn't contain the pilot episode (which I then had to buy from Singapore or somewhere), and I was pissed that it got released soon afterwards in the UK - but now I am happy it's worth some money! I might sell it and buy a UK one. I haven't even seen the second season before, but I know who the killer is (although I am sure that won't spoil the thing in the long run).

Great News!!!! :dance

I purchased Season One at a video clearance sale last year......$29!!! I got lucky, I guess....

-Robert.

Maybe you would like to copy it - although I could get this from a BT site.

• 4 months later...

That movie "Brick" owes quite a bit to Twin Peaks, I feel.

And a great deal through Amazon....$65 for the 10 disc set.

suh-weet!

i'd heard rumours that such a set would be released... i had snoozed for years waiting to get Season 1. i was refusing to purchase until Season 2 was made available... then once S2 saw the light of day... S1 was long out of print.

maybe my slackness is being rewarded. yeah, that's one way to look at it.

cheers,

b.s.