I know SNL gets ripped often...sometimes unfairly, I think.

But I thought Saturday's show was quite funny.

Sharpton and Jesse, Alec Baldwin running a mustache ride company, a new Andy Samberg digital short that was very bizarre and very hilarious, a skit about underage kids getting liquor, another funny Prince show with Armisen, a skit about a store called "Sofa King" ("our couches are Sofa King great"), a skit about John Mayer and Jessica Simpson, and Hammnod as Imus, among other stuff. And a couple energetic songs by Avril Lavigne.

Anyone watch the show?

It will be hard to top the Peyton episode w/ the United Way spoof. Now THAT was funny stuff.

It will be hard to top the Peyton episode w/ the United Way spoof. Now THAT was funny stuff.

I had to go check youtube for this. That was pretty funny...

"Spend time with your kids.

So Peyton Manning doesn't."

Hammond's Imus impression was scarily accurate, but the bit suffered from poor writing as usual.

Somebody please shoot Seth Meyer, he is completely worthless.

Alec Baldwin is one of the funniest people on all of NBC these days.

I swear I thought Shia Laboeuf was one of the daughters from the Cosby show.

Guest Jules
I swear I thought Shia Laboeuf was one of the daughters from the Cosby show.

Now this is funny.^

That Sofa King bit has been around for years. I can't believe they didn't have anything else to go with and had to dig that out. Very MADtv-ish.

Seth Meyer is the head writer now.

In addition to the previously announced departures of Tina Fey and Rachel Dratch, who are working on the prime time comedy 30 Rock, eight-year veterans Chris Parnell and Horatio Sanz have been sacked, as well as Finesse Mitchell.

The cast for the upcoming season will be made up of Fred Armisen, Will Forte, Bill Hader, Darrell Hammond, Seth Meyers, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Andy Samberg, Jason Sudeikis, Kenan Thompson and Kristen Wiig.

The show will begin its 32nd season with just 11 regular players--down nearly one-third from last year's cast of 16 and one of the smallest ensembles in recent memory.

Rumors swirled in the media about who might be leaving the show after creator Lorne Michaels told reporters that budget cuts had forced him to make tough choices about the upcoming season

I agree that Saturday's show was pretty good (the host was completely disposable though...). However, the Prince bit was tired. In fact, many of the repeat type of skits weren't funny. I find that many of the repeat skits that they have weren't funny to begin with.

Also, Avril Lavigne is cute but wow are her lyrics cheezy. Her 2 songs were two of the funnier "skits" of the evening. One of her lyrics is along the lines of "she is so... whatever" :stunned

The show is always hit or miss...but I have to say they usually come up with at least 1 or 2 funny per night.

I love Nuni.....or should I say Nuni.

I also have to figure that Wilco will be a guest this season....allthough I have been saying that for 5 seasons i a row.