• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a joke between her and I - Kroger is a supermarket chain here in the area. I go there every 2 weeks - they have shitty produce.

There's a strike going on affecting the ones in Kentucky right now and it's been hard to find ANY fresh bread or produce. But the ice cream supply is A-OK!

I've eaten shitty produce from a Kroger's in West Virginia.

Oh really

I get to have one next week. or more than one of I want, I'll be home for 5 days. :thumbup

We have a place here now trying to copy them - but they are using some cheap ass texas toast bread - so it is just not the same.

I thought saying "Kroger's" was unique to Michigan, but apparently not.

For the record, it's "Kroger." And "Meijer," not "Meijer's." And a lot of people in this area work for "Ford," not "Ford's."

The only half baked I know of/have seen in these parts is this one

half_baked.gif

"A crazy concoction of chocolate ice cream and vanilla ice cream mixed with fudge brownies and gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough."

I may be confusing that with something else. What do they call the pints that are half one flavor and half another? I thought that was "half baked," but maybe not.

I may be confusing that with something else. What do they call the pints that are half one flavor and half another? I thought that was "half baked," but maybe not.

no, theres another with 2 flavors... "Everything but the.." is what its called?

http://www.benjerry.com/our_products/flavorWorld.cfm

i didn't realize they have a "Black and Tan" flavor. i dunno about that :unsure Vermonty python looks good, though.

For the record, it's "Kroger." And "Meijer," not "Meijer's." And a lot of people in this area work for "Ford," not "Ford's."

At an intersection near where I live, there is a Kroger on one corner, a Meijer on one corner and a Giant Eagle on one corner. I find Kroger to have okay produce. The only place I've ever seen fresh pomegranates has been Kroger.

The half and half flavors are called "twisted" flavors, I think. And yes, Half baked is one of them. Or used to be? I know what you're saying.

We know. It doesn't matter. Most people in this area (including me) will continue to call it Kroger's.

I was in DC last week. I walked past Ben & Jerry's in Dupont Circle, which was having a "free cone day". There had to have been close to 200 people in line. Two hours later I walked by again. Still a huge line.

I'd rather just pay the $3 than have to stand in a line for 45 minutes.

These days I eat the lowfat chocolate fudge brownie.

I was in DC about a month ago and the friends I stayed with bought several pints of Americone Dream to share. It was fantabulous! The best Ben and Jerry's flavor yet. Of course, in Nashvile, you can only seem to get it at the Ben and Jerry's store and not the grocery stores (Kroger being one, which here has bad produce as well, at least they are consistent).

The cinnamon bun is quite yummy. I'd rank it 3rd after Colbert and Half-baked. Would love to try the Black and Tan, but can't find it anywhere.

I agree with whoever posted that Ben and Jerry's tends to be too over the top, too many ingredients. I like a nice vanilla with something simple mixed in, too much chocolate on the B+J menu.

Although, has anyone had BlueBell Peanut Butter and Jelly ice cream. Now that's heaven in a bucket! I will at least miss that when I move back to DC as I don't think you can get BlueBell in those parts. oh so yummy!