i desperately need an overdriver/dirt pedal just for a bit of crunch and so i can cut through more for the odd lead parts.

the lead guitarist in my band has a big muff and i definately dont want anything that vicious

think Crazy Horse/Cardinals kinda crunch

ill be using it with my Tele + Holy Grail and the old marshall combo at the rehearsal studio's we use

what does everyone else use and what can you recommend

i dont really wanna spend over 100 quid

Digitech Bad Monkey is $39. I think it sounds quite nice.

I even think the Danelectro "Fab" Overdrive sounds good. It's only $15. It's probably not very durable, though.

I have the "Route 66"with compression and overdrive.I pretty much use the compession all the time at low settings,(It helps keep a good sustaian,I have a vintage Fender 4 watt amp)and the overdrive isin't too harsh at low settings with the bass control on.IMO,I think it is a bit too pricey,If I had the choice again,I might not get it cause I don't use the overdrive as much.

Well, if you want to go expensive and some fuzz, go with the Fuzz Factory (Z. Vex Products). It's a good amount, but it is worth it because it's sick! Classic! Amazing! And Weird!

But I'm also going to be getting 1969 Fuzz Fulltone (it's cheaper than the Factory) , which I heard is also good. It all depends on your tastes and I do love an overdrive sound that sounds a bit more fucked up!

Well not exactly cheap (and usually there's a decent waiting list), but by far the best OD I've used is Paul Cochrane's TIM pedal. If you like the your amp's tone, this is the OD for you. Totally transparent.

thanks for everyones input, i went to music ground in london yesterday, with is pretty much all pedals, and ended up with a T-Rex Mudhoney, pricey but such a beautiful tone i couldnt resist it, sound incredible with the holy grail too

i asked the guy in the store if he would show me a prunes and custard just out of curiousity and we got talking about wilco, and apparently Jeff came in their store a couple weeks ago for a pick up

AND, Conor Deasy of the Thrills fame was in the shop but i didnt have the nerve to bother him

im kicking myself now

• 2 weeks later...