• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fwiw, someone i know in NYC has heard the new album and said if you liked Gimme Fiction, you should enjoy this one, but that he wasn't exactly bowled over it by any means.

so who knows...

That's not really what I wanted to hear, but nonetheless it's what I expected (feared). I think that they took a big step backwards with Gimme Fiction.

There was an EZBoard community a while back, but it's been defunct for a while now. I was a pretty active poster there until I discovered teh VC.

I started with Gimme Fiction and thought that was pretty good. Then was recommended Girls and was really impressed. I like it more overall over Gimme. I recently got Kill and I'm not as impressed with it. Several songs are short and some feel unfinished, but I haven't listened enough to really gain an opinion yet.

So basically there are only two more Spoon discs, the recent reissue and Series?

where do these fit in with the last 3?

if they're more like Girls I will probably like them.

You absolutely need Series Of Sneaks.

Telephono/Soft Effects has grown on me and I love it a lot, but Series Of Sneaks may be my favorite.

Then again, all of them are my favorite at some point: they're just great albums.

I'm not sure I've ever seen Series in a store. I'll definitely have to look into it though.

i'd have liked some drums... and that piano riff reminds me a bit too much of a Journey song (can't think of which right now)

"Ask the Lonely"? :lol

...not that I listen to Journey's Greatest Hits very often, or anything... :ninja

hmm...

not so sure...

i'd have liked some drums... and that piano riff reminds me a bit too much of a Journey song (can't think of which right now)

Lets hope this is not a portent of things to come