• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not sure that it is my favorite spoon album but it's definitely one of the top 3 of the year for me. i saw them right after it came out and the performance was sub par compared to all the other times i've seen them. it was still a good show but not as good as usual. hopefully they've fixed whatever the problem was. maybe it was just playing all the new songs live? i dunno.

They probably won't ever top A Series of Sneaks for me. That said, it's a great record and is fighting it out with Girls Can Tell for my second favorite of theirs.

It'll also probably be in my top 5 for the year, if not top 3.

Well they were pretty great last night. They played a good number of stuff from Girls Can Tell and Series. I think somebody called out for Nefarious from Telephono and Britt said something that was either "We don't play a song called Nefarious" or "We don't know that one". The opening act was really good too. Fun was had!

Well they were pretty great last night. They played a good number of stuff from Girls Can Tell and Series. I think somebody called out for Nefarious from Telephono and Britt said something that was either "We don't play a song called Nefarious" or "We don't know that one". The opening act was really good too. Fun was had!

Were you at the 09/11/07 show? I was at that one. I have a review of it coming soon.

I find Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga extremely repetitive, and in a bad way. I have to wonder how many times a line like "don't you evah" and "rhythm and sould" requires reassertion to such an absurd degree. But other parts of the album display the best of Spoon.

Were you at the 09/11/07 show? I was at that one. I have a review of it coming soon.

No I think it was the 12th. It was the last show of their stint at the Fonda, I know that for sure. He said that of the three nights there that we were the best crowd, if that helps clarify things at all. I'm looking forward to the review anyway!

while it was (not surprisingly) heavy on the new stuff, their set tonight at Red Rocks for Monolith Festival might just have been the tightest set i've ever seen them do out of about 6 shows since '01...

they actually were way better than the Lips (who were still incredibly fun/crazy)

Last night was the first time I'd seen them, but they were incredible. Britt was all smiles and they sounded fantastic. We were watching from the 2nd row from the top, so the view left a lot to be desired, but the sound sure was great... :yes

I missed all of the Lips except the first 2 and the last 3 or 4 songs to see Yacht (me and about 30 other people... :lol ) which was a lot of fun in it's own way.

I was at that show and thought is was good but not great. I felt like the crowd, like at so many LA shows, seemed somewhat disinterested in the show. Or maybe the majority didn't really know Spoon. I don't know. I had a really good time but I expected more band/crowd interaction both during and between songs. I think Britt even mentioned something about the crowd being really quiet at one point. I also felt the show was about 5 songs too short.