either you forgot it in people or the s/t the other two are mostly instrumental. and not nearly as good.

the s/t is definilty my favorite.

don't discount the instrumental stuff, more then anything else I think BSS is great for the musicianship in the band and both feel good lost and bee hives are really great albums. (plus on bee hives you get fiest singing Lovers Spit which is awesome)

the s/t is definilty my favorite.

don't discount the instrumental stuff, more then anything else I think BSS is great for the musicianship in the band and both feel good lost and bee hives are really great albums. (plus on bee hives you get fiest singing Lovers Spit which is awesome)

right they are both great. (beehives and feel good lost) but they wouldn't be good starting points.

I would start with You Forgot It In People, simply cause it was their breakthrough album and still most critically hailed. Then get the follow up S/T, and if you are really digging those check out the mostly instrument (Feel Good Lost) and b-sides (Beehives) albums.

YFIIP and BSS are some of my favorite albums ever.

You Forgot it in People is great, start there, you can't go wrong.

agreed :thumbup

I guess I am a terrible Canadian! :(!

heehee. i kid i kid. :shifty

I guess I am a terrible Canadian! :(!

heehee. i kid i kid. :shifty

I love Broken Social Scene, I'm a good Canadian! :D

But yeah definately start with You Forgot It In People and then go and buy the S/T, they're both fantastic.

Another vote for You Forgot It In People, it's masterful. I love Feel Good Lost, it's perfect studying/bedtime music for when the Eno isn't quite doing it's job anymore. The self-titled is pretty good, but it's probably my least favorite of the three.

--Mike

i can see why everyone is saying 'You Forgot It In People'...it is definately a good place to start.

i may be in the minority, but i like some or the more instrumental albums the most. 'Bee Hives' is my favourite BSS album...and Feist's version of Lover's Spit is above and beyond the version on YFIIP :thumbup

"You Forgot it in People" and "Feel Good Lost" (the debut instrumental record) are the best. Apart from one song I thought that the self-titled record was crap.

Be sure to check out the two records by K.C. Accidental (early Charles Spearin/Kevin Drew project), as well as everything by Do Make Say Think.

"You Forgot it in People" and "Feel Good Lost" (the debut instrumental record) are the best. Apart from one song I thought that the self-titled record was crap.

Be sure to check out the two records by K.C. Accidental (early Charles Spearin/Kevin Drew project), as well as everything by Do Make Say Think.

what is the other KC record called? I only have anthems for a bathtub or something.