scene from IATtBYH

I love it when Ferecito is making fun of Jeff's lyrics 'inna disco' with his 'New York' friends, and the camera just flies over to Tweedy, who glowers at the camera shaking his head. I don't know why Jeff isn't writing comedy or doing stand-up. He's fugging HILARIOUS. His one-liners are gold. I can't believe that so many people thought JT was actually being serious about the place in the Hamptons, or sacking his broker. I mean, come on people. You lot need more irony in your diet.

Vintage comedy. I wish fred did some of his bit at the radio city shows, when he introduced the band.

Guest ChooChooCharlie
the guy's dumb grin when he asks about "...AM or...or, Summerteeth??" always makes me laugh. It's such a 'I work in a music store, be impressed with my knowledge' comment.

That is sooooo funny. To be honest with you, my sister, who got me into Letterman last week and works in the biz, unbeknownst to me until I checked in backstage, had me on the list for the Green room as well. All I could think of was that particular scene and the unbelievable gem that could have possibly slipped out of my mouth in the same situation. I decided it best to just take my seat in the theater and enjoy the show. I imagined feeling incredibly out of place in the scenario, especially without my sister by my side, who was the one who would have belonged there-not me.

I guess there is something to be said about keeping your heroes at a healthy distance.

Just watching that scene brings on the anxiety..No one wants the shame of going down in history as THAT GUY.. :)

P.S. I wouldn't be suprised if silly grin guy and Hole girl were members of this board, or at least checked in from time to time..I'm new here so far be it from me to confirm such a statement, but they did seem like the types who would enjoy a good Wilco conversation..just a thought

Edit-Well, if you are and happen to be reading this, Keep your chin up! Whadda ya gonna do..ya know.. :)

Guest ChooChooCharlie
You mean Fericito (Fred Armisen).

fercito.jpg

"I an so ... out a tune, con you ..."

Forgive me if this is a repost from months back, but this JT/Fred Armisen

artist on artist interview seems appropriate for this thread, and is way to good for anyone to miss... Check it out if you haven't already...

haven't watched the commentary yet, but am going to in a little while. The band moe. has a DVD called Live At The Fillmore, and the commentary on it is probably one of the funniest things i've ever seen in my life.