scene from IATtBYH

where Simone and Jeff are backstage in the "dressing room" discussing something about stocks? are they avoiding the camera's gaze? and what was that about lesbian/gay rights and his house in the Hamptons? was it a joke or intended to be a weird scene?

what about the scene backstage where all those people are asking him dumb questions?

what do you guys think about that scene?

it felt so awkward.

"i'm gone.." haha.

That was awkward as hell. It seemed like mob mentality took over and each person was determined to stare and ask stupid questions - and I swear I would've done the same in that room at that time. I bet everyone was uncomfortable, maybe even moreso than Jeff. Except the guy who mentioned Hole; he was a toolbag.

hey I'm new here but had to chime in.

"Is this more like AM or Summerteeth?"

"I heard this is like a trip hop album? Like Tricky?"

"Holes? Is Courtney Love on the album?"

I let out such a loud guffaw at that last comment the I almost got tossed out of the Angelika theater.

the guy's dumb grin when he asks about "...AM or...or, Summerteeth??" always makes me laugh. It's such a 'I work in a music store, be impressed with my knowledge' comment.

I let out such a loud guffaw at that last comment the I almost got tossed out of the Angelika theater.

you saw it at the Angelika, nice. I saw The Lives of Others there recently (good movie)

i didn't even know who Wilco was when it first played there.

i do remember the poster though. haha.

the guy's dumb grin when he asks about "...AM or...or, Summerteeth??" always makes me laugh. It's such a 'I work in a music store, be impressed with my knowledge' comment.

I love the commentary track when Jeff admits that every single backstage scene is awkward like that.

No kidding-- being paraded about like that doesn't exactly set the tone for the most relaxed conversations.

"Okay guys! As part of this backstage deal, here's The Singer of That Band! Shake his hand quickly!" The last thing I'd do were I in that situation would be to ask questions about the music or the album that you'd get asked every night. Granted, the "Nice weather huh?" smalltalk I'd churn out'd probably be even worse, but eh. Whatever.

I love it when Ferecito is making fun of Jeff's lyrics 'inna disco' with his 'New York' friends, and the camera just flies over to Tweedy, who glowers at the camera shaking his head. I don't know why Jeff isn't writing comedy or doing stand-up. He's fugging HILARIOUS. His one-liners are gold. I can't believe that so many people thought JT was actually being serious about the place in the Hamptons, or sacking his broker. I mean, come on people. You lot need more irony in your diet.