...but Sanjaya and Joe Perry?!? Give me a friggin' break!!! UGH!!!

Kudos to Green Day with Lennon's 'Working Class Hero', tho

American Idol...yes, I watch it...only because my daughters do!!!

And, get THIS!!! Jerry Springer was crying after Bette was done singing :no weird

Guest Jules
This is just proof that American Idol is evil! All of these established artist are selling out a second time to join idol! :punch

You can't blame them, with that many people watching. You just don't get that kind of exposure.

When you realize that Idol has a huge audience, that the Idol winners sell far more records than your average recording artist, and when it is most clear that many artists who appear on the show are well past their creative peaks, why not go on the show.

I predicted Jordin would win this thing, much to the chagrin of my son who believed Melinda would win. We didn't even watch this last week because he was so upset when she got voted off.

LouieB

I somehow got roped in to watching this last night with my friend who is a girl. I've seen the show once before, not this season, so i found no drama in it at all, and had no idea what was going on.

However, when they started doing a tribute to Sgt. Pepper, I just started praying that Paul wouldn't come on and commercialize himself that little extra bit. And he didn't.

Disaster averted.

I looked at the Billboard chart today to see Wilco at #4. What is totally amazing, but which I guess I knew, is the number of Idol finalists who have albums in the top 100. (3 in the top 20 actually).

LouieB

I really don't blame these artist for going on the show because I am aware how much exposure they get on idol. Geez I heard 70 Million votes came in for the show? Thats more than the presidential election...can I suggest Green Day for Presidents 08?

I really don't blame these artist for going on the show because I am aware how much exposure they get on idol. Geez I heard 70 Million votes came in for the show? Thats more than the presidential election...can I suggest Green Day for Presidents 08?

People only vote once in the presidential election, though*. You can vote as much as you want for American Idol

*outside of chicago, that is

People only vote once in the presidential election, though*. You can vote as much as you want for American Idol

*outside of chicago, that is

Well in the presidential election some votes don't count at all...some may count twice....look at the 00 and 04 elections :stunned

Forgot about the fact they can vote more than once on idol but still! 70 MILLION!

Forgot about the fact they can vote more than once on idol but still! 70 MILLION!

You can't forget about that fact, because it is integral to the final tally.

Say 10,000 little girls text their vote 15 times a minute over the course of four hours. That's 3,600 votes per little girl. And 36,000,000 votes right there.

I think.

Slow work day.

All I know is my friend just told me his 17 year old daughter had 2,600 texts on their bill last month.

I agree with kicking this is an abomination to Lennon. The perdictable soaring guitar and drums in the end, don't get me started on this one.

Well, I just happen to be a fan of Green Day and Lennon...I thought it was nice that they did this. I had already heard their studio version. They chose this song for their contribution to the fundraising album for Amnesty to help bring attention to the troubles in Darfur. I think it was a perfect choice for them. And for that...

I applaud them.

Well, I just happen to be a fan of Green Day and Lennon...I thought it was nice that they did this. I had already heard their studio version. They chose this song for their contribution to the fundraising album for Amnesty to help bring attention to the troubles in Darfur. I think it was a perfect choice for them. And for that...

I applaud them.

Orsonclapping.gif

I've been a fan of Green Day since 1990, when I bought the Slappy 7" at some short-lived punk rock record store in Allston MA. Or maybe it was in Brighton. Which doesn't really matter, but I thought I'd use it to preface my comment, lest I come across like some snob who automatically slags Green Day off...

Anyway, that John Lennon cover is awful. Like really, really awful.