Riviera - Monday, May 28 - Schubas (Chicago)

I'm so glad I had the chance to see Riviera at the Vic (opening for that Tweedy guy) a couple of years ago. Believe it or not, that show was the major inspiration for my first visit to Chicago.

Looking forward to whatever lies ahead for you guys. Really enjoy your articles on GloNo and PolJunk, Derek. I guess now you'll have more time to write?

I'm so glad I had the chance to see Riviera at the Vic (opening for that Tweedy guy) a couple of years ago.

Same here... and that show prompted me to buy every Riviera record and catch them at several of their own shows, too, including once or twice in Milwaukee.

Stacy and I are going to miss this band. Good luck, Derek, from both of us!

I've had the luck to see Riviera many a time...from the Beat Kitchen to Metro (after they won that big Best Bands in Chicago dilly put on by Metromix). They just kept getting better and better with each show, so my guess is this one will a doozy. Wish I could make it, D...i've got a training thing for work. Make sure you either bronze or laminate the blazer so they can put it in the Hard Rock Hotel...6th floor...right by the ice dispenser. All my love, brother.