• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reds have a new manager, let the winning begin.

Even though Narron was probably the worst manager in the bigs (Leaves his pitchers out for way too long), it's gonna take a lot more than a chance of manager to right that ship. There's a lot wrong there.

The NY tabloids are interpreting this most recent Yankee slide and relative silence from the owner's suite as irrefutable proof that Steinbrenner is completely senile now. That's the only explanation for why someone hasnt been fired.

I just walked by a kiosk sporting NY tabloids - one of the grabbers caught my eye: "Yanks only option - Trade A-Rod." As a Red Sox fan in July, that was a pretty enjoyable moment.

Cashman should be fired, if anyone. He put this no-pitching monstrosity together. Torre just works with what he's got. And brava to Mrs. Rod for wearing that shirt.

The NY tabloids are interpreting this most recent Yankee slide and relative silence from the owner's suite as irrefutable proof that Steinbrenner is completely senile now. That's the only explanation for why someone hasnt been fired.

I'm thinking this is being mistakenly interpreted. I sense a calm before the storm thing happening. Even id Georgie is touched in the head, he's got a battery of henchmen to advise him.

I'm thinking this is being mistakenly interpreted. I sense a calm before the storm thing happening. Even id Georgie is touched in the head, he's got a battery of henchmen to advise him.

Like when Warhol had his interns doing all his artwork?

Cashman should be fired, if anyone. He put this no-pitching monstrosity together. Torre just works with what he's got. And brava to Mrs. Rod for wearing that shirt.

I respectfully disagree with both of these sentiments.

I think Cashman is a fantastic GM. He's a very bright guy who is professionally cut-throat and has proven he can take the constant pressure in NY and from Steinbrenner. Of course, he's probably aged an extra 10-15 years during his tenure and looks like a lemur on a blow bender, but he's done admirable work for the NYY. He does need to fix the pitching issue and A-rod may be the key to that. I do agree that Torre should be spared, as well.

I think it was an idiotic move for Mrs. Rod to sport that shirt in public. WTF is that all about?

With the deadline looming will Buehrle head to BOS?

I think Cashman is a fantastic GM. He's a very bright guy who is professionally cut-throat and has proven he can take the constant pressure in NY and from Steinbrenner. Of course, he's probably aged an extra 10-15 years during his tenure and looks like a lemur on a blow bender, but he's done admirable work for the NYY. He does need to fix the pitching issue and A-rod may be the key to that. I do agree that Torre should be spared, as well.

I think it was an idiotic move for Mrs. Rod to sport that shirt in public. WTF is that all about?

he just signed like a 5 year extension with the White Sox. So no.

If Cashman was a terrific GM he would've have thrown 70 million dollars at Pavano and Jared Wright.

Alright stop it! You made me choke on some sunflower seeds....... "lemur on a blow bender", Steinbrenner and his henchmen too friggin' funny

I hope to hell the Sox bats start waking up, they are looking a bit punchless these past few games. And WTF was Lugo doing trying to steal third a couple days ago?

I don't understand why anyone cares what A-Rod's wife's shirt said. She doesn't work for the team. She's not there representing them.

Besides being tasteless and showing zero class to be sporting it at a public day-time ballgame, no problem.

The Mets got rid of Anna Benson's husband just because she had boobs and spoke her mind.

he just signed like a 5 year extension with the White Sox. So no.

If Cashman was a terrific GM he would've have thrown 70 million dollars at Pavano and Jared Wright.

Ah, I missed that Buehrle re-signed. Been out of the loop the last week.

Overpaying/throwing "X" million dollars at players who are not worthy of it is not new to NYY baseball and certainly not merely a Cashman flaw.

Fair enough, but is tastlessness really newsworthy?

No. I think The Post made up a blurb about a parent having to remove his 10-year old from sitting behind her so it of course became "news worthy."

And just for the record, I personally don't care too much about the print on her shirt but I do understand that it may be offensive to other people/kids.

More than some organizations, perhaps, the Yankees really prefer that their players and families conduct themselves in a dignified manner in public.

More than some organizations, perhaps, the Yankees really prefer that their players and families conduct themselves in a dignified manner in public.

yeah...the "Yankee Mystique" if that was true why didn't security toss her. I understand they are pretty tough about stuff like that, banning "Yankees Suck" t-shirts and all. Even the NY Post was questioning that.

It would seem that the Yankees are in a bit of a free-fall. Speculation is that 'Ol Georgie is pretty bad off (Dementia) and they don't want to wheel him out in public anymore. No one seems to know who is running the show there anymore, Proctor is torching his glove after the games and Pettite sucked bad yesterday (great pic of him in the NY Post looking like a trout).

It's hard for me to see how a GM with no payroll limitations and 6 (going on 7) straight years of no World Series victories can be viewed as anything other than a failure. The Yankee payroll virtually guarantees a playoff spot -- even if I was the GM. The real measuring stick of the GM with an unlimited payroll shoudn't be whether the team gets to the playoffs, but whether that team wins the World Series.

I know that's rough, and it feeds into the whole annoying Yankee fan syndrome of anything less than a championship being a failure, but how can the standard be anything other than that?