I'd definately say if you can get your hands on the Recording Sessions book do. As said before tons of detail and it's really cool to see who played what etc etc.

The Anthology book is also a very good overview and it's massive with tons of good pictures defintely get that one.

I apologize for diverting the thread, but what happened to Let It Be on DVD? I thought it was supposed to be released by now.

That's a really good question. I have a laser disc transfer of it on DVD. I think I got it on DaD before they cracked down a long time ago.

dcd

It's really just him bitching about George Harrison - as I recall.

:lol

There's some other stuff in there, too. I thought it was great...it really shows how creative everybody involved had to be in order to get some amazing, unique sounds...considering the engineers didn't have much to work with in those days.

My favorite part of Emerick's book is the bit about groupies breaking in and running amok at Abbey Road screaming and crying before tracking "She Loves You."

You can really hear the results in that recording! The band was vamping!

Edit: and also the tracking of the drums for "Tomorrow Never Knows" too.