Roll Call for Davenportables

Cloudy Lady, I have no further info on the rumor about a possible Red Rocks date. Wish I did. :dancing

As for all you Davenportables, we have to try to meet each other! I'm going to be with a friend, so I'm not sure what our plans will be, before or after......but I really, really want to meet any VC'ers who'll be at this show! So please, don't be shy! I'm a shy one myself (I REALLY AM! :realmad ).....so i understand...but the ice breaks quickly. Introduce yourselves, please. I'll be in jeans and a wide-wale deep tan corduroy button front shirt. My son Brennan, a 16-yr-old who has recently defied gravity to soar a tiny bit taller than me :o , will be wearing his favorite bright yellow-orange plaid shirt. He should be easy to spot even from outer space. Here's a photo of me taken in oh so busy Waterloo Station, London, last fall. I still look surprisingly similar, despite the ravages of age, except my hair is now shoulder length. (They say the hair is the first to go.)

DSC02430.JPG

Brennan's and my seat numbers are: Section B, Row A, Seats 11 and 12. Come and find us!

See you there! We are going to have such a blast!!!!! :thumbup

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rotfl :heehee

See, it's people like her you have to watch out for......hey, pillowy one, hope you are cushioned amply because..... :fish

Although I must say it's very hard to be annoyed at pillowy, starlike people who drop cool :w00t surprise gifts into the mail.....you sneaky, wonderful person you.... :ninja Pm on the way (unless the Davenport preparations steal all my free time)! :cheekkiss

Am so shy. Haven't even gone over to meet the new neighbors, who've been there a whole half-day. I'm terrified. :unsure

Am so shy. Haven't even gone over to meet the new neighbors, who've been there a whole half-day. I'm terrified. :unsure

:dontgetit A whole half-day?! You mean 12 hours, and you're still not on sharing-keys-terms yet?! I am shocked, Donna. Are you ok? :unsure

:dontgetit A whole half-day?! You mean 12 hours, and you're still not on sharing-keys-terms yet?! I am shocked, Donna. Are you ok? :unsure

They have two short humans who could possibly bite me about the knees and ankles! Never mind poking me with keys they may be unwilling to share! Give me time, girl. :pirate

And stop diverting my thread! I have yet to hear even one admiring comment about the clever title I've bestowed upon those of us who will be attending, the exclusive club henceforth to be known as The Davenportables.

Let's see The Cincinnasties beat that. HA!

Donna, I will look you up! We're in Sec C, Row B, so we're almost neighbors.... I'll come over and introduce myself! You'll know me right away, I'll be the oldest person there! :) I'm really looking forward to the show! :D

anyone know any good restaurants/bars around there for before the show?

Exotic Thai is awesome, but not very close to the venue (not at all close, actually, but Davenport isn't that big). Front Street Brewery is close to the venue, but I only know them for their beer (which is pretty good) and have never tried their food. Avoid a place called the Starting Line if it is still down there. Food is awful. Or at least it was the last time I went there, which was probably seven years ago at this point. Davenport is also home to any chain restaurant in the universe. I try to avoid them, but they are there for people that want them. I'll come back if I think of anything else good.

Donna, I will look you up! We're in Sec C, Row B, so we're almost neighbors.... I'll come over and introduce myself! You'll know me right away, I'll be the oldest person there! :) I'm really looking forward to the show! :D

:thumbup Cool! But I'll betcha you're not the oldest. We'll compare drivers licenses. :lol PS Is the j for joanne?

shouldn't be hard seeing I'm 6 seats away from you :cheers

We'll wave...tentatively at first, then we'll flash the VC hand symbol, furtively....then security will collar us and throw us out of the venue for flashing gang signs....later we'll find out that it wasn't even you, you were 6 seats away in the opposite direction.....we were waving at a total stranger who happened to be undercover security.....

Yep, pretty much sounds like my usual misadventure! :thumbup Hey explodo, you wanna get in on the fun? We're gonna need someone to sneak in liquor, maybe something melon flavored....? In a cool, antique silver flask please. B)

I'll be in either the 4th or 6th row (I'm not sure about sections and whatnot, I don't have the tickets in my possession). We have 6 people in our party, 4 in the 4th row and 2 in the 6th, don't think any of them post here, though (and I barely do). I'll be rocking the red Arrow t-shirt from the SBS pre-order, some jeans, and some Chuck Taylor's.

I have photographic evidence of my existence at my Last.fm profile:

http://www.last.fm/user/brettac1/

Looking forward to a chance encounter with someone who recognizes me.

I have memorized your face, and shall stare hard and questioningly at anyone who seems to resemble you. I will look like the eyebrow emoticon-> :brow.

You've been forewarned.

Wilco-the-baby's parents? I expect you to introduce yourselves and perhaps show off current baby photos of your adorable son. :thumbup

Wilco-the-baby's parents? I expect you to introduce yourselves and perhaps show off current baby photos of your adorable son. :thumbup

That's us...but, without rescanning the thread, has there been any decision on a pre-show get together? An easy place may just be the bar at the Radisson connected to the theater. Or, back in '92 there was a good dive across the street that we went to after the Frampton show to find the band sitting at the end of the bar...

We'll bring pictures...

Alright, I'll be on the lookout for any furrowed brows aimed in my direction.

Maybe not the best thread to ask this in, but will I be able to take some pictures of the band here and there? How does that usually work? It's my first time seeing what is my favorite band, so I really want to take some pictures.

Should be fine as long as you don't use flash, and you may have a chance after the show to meet the band & chat & perhaps get a photo then.

Your first Wilco show??!! :w00t You are in for such a treat. :yes

Should be fine as long as you don't use flash, and you may have a chance after the show to meet the band & chat & perhaps get a photo then.

Your first Wilco show??!! :w00t You are in for such a treat. :yes

Well, that would be pretty unreal. Not so sure I could even get the nerve to chat.

I am very, very excited. I am also hoping to go to the Duluth show, too, unless a Wisconsin date pops up. I could have seen them last year at Summerfest, but I wasn't digging the idea of an outdoor show with people there who weren't all really big fans.

I'll resurrect this one more time to give you all my info.

I'll be in Section B, Row D, Seats 1 and 2 (I've got someone coming with, I don't actually take up two seats).

I think I'll probably be at the Front Street Brewery for food/beers before the show. I haven't decided on if I'll be sticking around after the show for too long--but I may, and I certainly want to meet any VCers who are around. I look pretty much like this with longer hair:

MonkeyShirt.jpg

I'll probably be wearing my glasses though, and may or may not be sporting the monkey-tee.

See you all tomorrow :dancing

i live in d-port just a few blocks from the Adler. as far as restaurants go- front street has great food good beer poor service and high prices. its a nice place though. i will be at the starting line which has $1 bottles on wed. and decent food. other good close bar/restaurants Mac's Tavern, Boozies, Killkennys and my favorite The Damn View Inn- all with in five blocks of the theater.

i will be at the show TOMORROW night, not NEXT wednesday night, which is definitely not when i thought the davenport show was up until about a half an hour ago. :stunned (oh donna, do i have a story for you!)

i'll be the pregnant girl in row b of some section in some seat. assuming that i can find my tickets in six days less than i thought i had time to find them in.

yay!!!!! :dancing

I'll be there. I still have an extra in Sec B Row A. Great seat. I don't care about the $$. I just want someone to take it that's fired up for the show.

I read through this thread and didn't get the sense of a meeting place. I'm driving out from Chicago solo and would like to meet up for dinner and drinks.

OK, so the Ticketmaster site for the show says cameras aren't allowed, but the band's policy says that it's cool (without the flash, of course). So what's the deal? Do I need to worry, or just bring it in open, or put it in my pocket? Maybe print off the policy from wilcoworld? Contact the HQ?

Thanks for the bar info from those who gave it to me - glad there is a lot in the area. I think $1 bottles at the startling line is sounding pretty good if I can find it. I can't believe the day is actually here!!!!! :w00t

If you find the adler on third street, just walk to the first street to the west and take a left, its brady street. take a left on brady and the starting line is on the left side of the street half way down the block. its really close and really easy to find.