Mark Olson is back(Jayhawks founder)

http://www.musicbox-online.com/reviews-200...s-06102007.html

A decade after leaving The Jayhawks behind, Mark Olson rekindled his partnership with Gary Louris in order to embark upon a brief tour. As it turns out, the excursion was far more than a reunion of old friends; it also was part of a therapeutic healing process through which Olson was hoping that a reestablished connection to his past would enable him to come to terms with his present situation. Although the duo had collaborated on Say You

i am listening to a few tracks on his labels site...www.hacktone.com.

it sounds really great. i'm gonna have to go buy this album today. that is if i can find it in Toronto.

plain and simple.

All Music guide gives it a 4 1/2 star "album pick" review:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&a...fvfqxzy5ld0e~T1

Ultimately, it comes down to the songs, though. And Mark Olson has them here in spades. with the presentation being so utterly simple, a lot of weight rests not only on the singer, but on the lyrics and melody. And Olson delivers, though the often shining optimism of his offerings has been tempered in places by grief, loss, and the workaday living of everyday life that blends dream and reality as time rushes forward; still he champions humble human nobility in choosing life over death each and every morning. It's a choice for Olson's protagonists, and it needs to be made each and every day without forgetting

He'll be joined by Megan Hickey of The Last Town Chorus next week:

JUNE

27th, Louisville. WFPK Waterfront Wednesday. Megan is honored to join Mark Olson to sing harmonies with him and play lap steel.

29, Philadelphia. WXPN Free At Noon, World Cafe Live. Listen live online. Megan is honored to join Mark Olson to sing harmonies with him and play lap steel.

He'll be joined by Megan Hickey of The Last Town Chorus next week:

JUNE

27th, Louisville. WFPK Waterfront Wednesday. Megan is honored to join Mark Olson to sing harmonies with him and play lap steel.

29, Philadelphia. WXPN Free At Noon, World Cafe Live. Listen live online. Megan is honored to join Mark Olson to sing harmonies with him and play lap steel.

Wow! Those should be great shows. I like Megan a lot. It would be wonderful if she would accompany him at the Schubas shows in Chicago.... :yes

No mention of the affair which caused his MS ridden wife to rake him over the coals and push him back onto he road? Low my brother, very low!

All I can say to this, is that's impossible to understand completely why relationships go south, but it happens alot and can happen to the best of us. Why not leave the personal stuff to the privacy of the people involved, where it belongs. Damn! I think I followed the wrong path, I should be a publicist.

No mention of the affair which caused his MS ridden wife to rake him over the coals and push him back onto he road? Low my brother, very low!

Perhaps it WAS very low, but I'd rather be of the mindset:

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone..."

It seems Mark is trying to stay friends. He probably knows he screwed up.

One of the new songs is about Vic Williams.

For Better or for worse, in sickness and in health. Regular divorce stuff - very personal. Gingrich-esque endings, private yet discussable. Why are you pussy footing around an issue you know you would stomp his 'nads for if she was your sister? Call it as it is.

For Better or for worse, in sickness and in health. Regular divorce stuff - very personal. Gingrich-esque endings, private yet discussable. Why are you pussy footing around an issue you know you would stomp his 'nads for if she was your sister? Call it as it is.

I might be pissed enough to punch a guy if he broke my sisters heart, but at the end of the day it would still have nothing to do with me.

i read in the article in No Depression that Olson and Louris recently recorded an album together in LA but the release will be put on hold until the Louris solo record is released. Olson also plays on Louris' solo record.

I believe Chris Robinson produced one or bpth of the solo records, and definitely the new Jayhawks. Their is also quite a bit of collaboration with the Laurel Canyon freaks......Andy Cabic and Jonathan Wilson, etc....