I'm not sure where I'd rank it in the magnificent Pixar canon of films.

Toy Story, Monster's Inc, The Incredibles and Finding Nemo are probably my faves. Ratatouille easily holds it own with the remaining films. I don't know, maybe I'd rank it higher after seeing it a few more times over the years.

And the short called "The Lifted" is pretty hysterical as well.

Toy Story never ceases to crack me up. It's got to be one of the best kids/family movies of all time. I love the Potato...he should get his own show.

Very tough tough to do, but here's how I'd rank the Pixar movies:

1. Toy Story

2. Monster's Inc

3. The Incredibles

4. Finding Nemo

5. Ratatouille

6. Bug's Life

7. Cars

8. Toy Story 2

I'd order them a little differently, but it's really something--there aren't any clunkers on the list.

I saw this on Tuesday evening and although I thought the story was just meh, the animation was true eye-candy. The way Pixar keeps advancing the technology is amazing. For instance, there are close-ups of the rats' fur and street shots of Paris that you would swear are real. Very well done.

It made for a great second date movie, too.

anyway,

dcd

It made for a great second date movie, too.

anyway,

dcd

I feel like I should respond to this with some kind of perverted joke but I can't think of any good ones that would involve rats, Paris and the tension that might be building about what could possibly happen at the end of a second date. Then again, I've never been to Paris.

I thought both The Incredibles and A Bug's Life were clunkers - and I wasn't that big on Finding Nemo, though it wasn't that bad either.

However, Monsters Inc. is one of my favorite movies.....love it! I also love both Toy Story movies.

Brad Bird & Patton Oswalt are on Fresh Air with Terry Gross today.

I'm a big fan of Patton Oswalt, so I'm happy for him getting to do something like this. Other than that though, I agree that well-known voices are usually not a selling point for me for an animated movie.

I feel like I should respond to this with some kind of perverted joke but I can't think of any good ones that would involve rats, Paris and the tension that might be building about what could possibly happen at the end of a second date. Then again, I've never been to Paris.

....and you have no idea about what could possibly happen at the end of a second date, either, right?

I love a good perverted joke, too.

dcd

I saw it last night and thought it was fantastic. A must see for virtually everyone. My girlfriend was crying at the end because she thought it was so sweet. Now it wasn't ever side splittingly funny, but it's generally amusing from beginning to end, with many touching scenes, and a great message throughout. And the animation was amazing!

Second best movie I've seen this year, after Hot Fuzz and just before Grindhouse. Yes I have eclectic tastes.

Rat... is literally about a million times better than Transformers. Man did that movie ever suck!

Rat... is literally about a million times better than Transformers. Man did that movie ever suck!

I could not agree with you more. I wanted to leave transformers. Really badly.

Both Jake and I liked it greatly -- great story, lifelike scenes of Paris, and fun watching the cooking.

Though with the recent (real) mouse infestation in our kitchen, I think it had an impact on my dream last night about finding rats in my underwear drawer -- swear to cod.

Here's my Pixar rankings:

1. Toy Story

2. Monster's Inc

3. Ratatouille

4. Toy Story 2 (strictly for Sarah McG's song -- makes me cry every time)

5. Finding Nemo

6. Bug's Life

7. The Incredibles (slept through most of it -- BORING)

NA Cars (didn't see)

And James Remar -- a bad boy you gotta :wub

the_warriors.jpg

saw ratatouille last weekend.

best animation ever. good story. and janine garafolo did a terrific job of disguising her voice. if i didn't read the credits, i wouldn't have known. otherwise i would not have enjoyed it as much. not a big fan.

of you put ratatouille up against ice age in animation terms, it's like a photograph vs. a stick figure drawing. future computer animation now has a very high bar to deal with. and that's great for everyone.