I just had that conversation with a woman in the bagel shop this week.

Her to bagel guy: I got lost when I went hiking yesterday.

Her: blah blah we found our way out but we were 4 miles from the car

Me: they make maps, you know?

Her: are you making fun of me?

Me: Not so much. It's people like you who waste time of guys like me when

we have to go up into the woods to find you. Campmor. They cost

about $6.95

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was an idiot with no common sense and no sense of direction. Let's be honest. How about all the fathers who managed do visit parks and not put their families in the position where they needed to pull some ill-fated hero act to bail them out? I'd put them ahead of that Kim guy in the father of the year contest.

:rolleyes

I just had that conversation with a woman in the bagel shop this week.

Her to bagel guy: I got lost when I went hiking yesterday.

Her: blah blah we found our way out but we were 4 miles from the car

Me: they make maps, you know?

Her: are you making fun of me?

Me: Not so much. It's people like you who waste time of guys like me when

we have to go up into the woods to find you. Campmor. They cost

about $6.95

Campmor also makes catalogs. Each time they send out a new one, I get about 6 of them.

One at my parents' house, one at work, one at my apartment, and my roommates each get one.

With a map and 9,000 catalogs as kindling, you'd probably be alright for a while.

Now, all you need is a urine-soaked headdress.

He was an idiot with no common sense and no sense of direction. Let's be honest. How about all the fathers who managed do visit parks and not put their families in the position where they needed to pull some ill-fated hero act to bail them out? I'd put them ahead of that Kim guy in the father of the year contest.

I don't get this joke.

• 6 months later...

I don't know how many of you watch The Fifth Estate on CBC, but I heard about this on the radio as I was driving to work this morning.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/

You don't have to be a pro wrestling fan to recognize the name Chris Benoit. Last summer, newscasts and front-page headlines were filled with the story of the wrestling champion who murdered his wife and young son and then killed himself.

At the time, the focus turned to steroids and the part those drugs play in the pro wrestling world and in the life and death of Benoit and other wrestlers, many of whom died young. But, researchers studying the damage inflicted on the brains of pro footballers who had died by suicide turned to the case of Chris Benoit. Bob McKeown investigates their research and its startling conclusions.

According to the researchers, Benoit's brain was the most damaged of all the brains they examined, and it contained the same abnormal protein that was associated with suicide.

Campmor also makes catalogs. Each time they send out a new one, I get about 6 of them.

One at my parents' house, one at work, one at my apartment, and my roommates each get one.

With a map and 9,000 catalogs as kindling, you'd probably be alright for a while.

Now, all you need is a urine-soaked headdress.

Wow, it's weird to read something that I wrote 7 months ago. I never would've remembered that I'd said that.