This whole story makes you want to take a shower after reading it.

In addition to shooting up the kid with illegal HGH, there are supposedly more details coming out that haven't been released yet that are even more vile.

This guy isn't "sad", he's pathetic and evil. It's even more pathetic that CNN and the other news outlets try to simply write it off to "Roid Rage" as if to find an excuse for why a guy, who has had an order of protection filed against him, is capable of familicide. He did it because he was a cowardly, vile human being. No different than the less famous Christopher Vaughns and the Bobby Cutts.

The only humorous thing about this is watching the WWE idiots try to half-assed defend this guy or the WWE's 3 hr tribute to a child killer.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole story makes you want to take a shower after reading it.

In addition to shooting up the kid with illegal HGH, there are supposedly more details coming out that haven't been released yet that are even more vile.

This guy isn't "sad", he's pathetic and evil. It's even more pathetic that CNN and the other news outlets try to simply write it off to "Roid Rage" as if to find an excuse for why a guy, who has had an order of protection filed against him, is capable of familicide. He did it because he was a cowardly, vile human being. No different than the less famous Christopher Vaughns and the Bobby Cutts.

The only humorous thing about this is watching the WWE idiots try to half-assed defend this guy or the WWE's 3 hr tribute to a child killer.

i'm not defending his actions...the whole thing, including him ever getting to a state of doing it is sad. you missed my point completely, twit.
But I thought this guy was a good family man..........POS!

He's not a total POS. He left a text msg where they could find the dogs. In his darkest hour he still had time to care for those dogs. Touching. :love

Some people kick the dog when they've had a bad day. He chose to kill his family and spare the dogs. As the father of a 3 yr old this whole story disgusts me to the f'ing core.

Making an effort to have Chris Benoit's brain examined for signs of post concussion syndrome:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/27/us/27wre...and&emc=rss

But Christopher Nowinski, a former professional wrestler who worked with Mr. Benoit, and who was forced to quit because of head injuries, said he believed that repeated, untreated concussions might have caused his friend to snap.

CONSPIRACY

and i live in stamford fuck that

I had lunch about 3 weeks ago at that cute little italian deli across from the WWE HQ. True story.

Vince McMahon is a grade A scumbag, but I think it's worth noting that they gave the green light for that tribute thing before they knew what the circumstances surrounding the deaths were.

This is an old article, but I thought the psyc profile of a "family annihilator" was quite interesting.

Fathers who kill their children

According to Professor Jack Levin' date=' a leading expert from North-Eastern University in Boston, Massachusetts, the most significant factors are family break-up, male sexual jealousy, a need to be in control and extreme possessiveness.

'The profile of a family annihilator is a middle-aged man, a good provider who would appear to neighbours to be a dedicated husband and a devoted father,' Levin said. 'He quite often tends to be quite isolated. He is often profoundly dedicated to his family, but has few friends of his own or a support system out with the family. He will have suffered some prolonged frustration and feelings of inadequacy, but then suffers some catastrophic loss. It is usually financial or the loss of a relationship. He doesn't hate his children, but he often hates his wife and blames her for his miserable life. He feels an overwhelming sense of his own powerlessness. He wants to execute revenge and the motive is almost always to "get even".'

Research from the States shows that family annihilators rarely have a prior criminal record. However, many experts believe [b']there is often a prior pattern of domestic abuse[/b]. A report published two years ago in Britain by Women's Aid, called Twenty-nine child homicides, found that, out of 13 families studied, domestic violence was a feature in 11. In one of the other two cases, the mother spoke of her ex-partner's obsessively controlling behaviour.

'To the outside world, these crimes seem to come out of nowhere,' continued Levin. 'The perpetrators have not previously been involved in criminal behaviour. Nor do they tend to be on drugs or drinking heavily when they commit the crime. However, if psychologists had seen them in advance, they would have spotted the warning signs. They would have noticed how the person reacted to things not going his way - the irrational rage and the blaming of others. These people often also regard their partner and children as their own possessions.'

In the majority of cases, if the perpetrator fails in his own suicide, as in the Hogan and Hall cases, they almost always plead some form of insanity.

But Levin rejected this: 'These are executions. They are never spontaneous. They are well planned and selective. They are not carried out in the heat of the moment or in a fit of rage. They are very methodical and it is often planned out for a long time. There are certain people the killer blames for his problems. If a friend came along, he wouldn't kill him or her. He kills his children to get even with his wife because he blames her and he hates her. The killer feels he has lost control. Annihilating his family is a way of regaining control. It is a methodical, selective murder by a rational, loving father. That's why it is so terrifying.'

It's amazing the amount of respect and admiration people seem to have for a person based on something as silly as the ability to perform wrestling moves well, and the shock / anger / disgust that comes afterwards when they discover they never really knew anything about that person.

Are we supposed to get angry at mentally ill people? Where does the fault lie? In them not seeking treatment? In others not being perceptive enough to get them to seek treatment?

When something so tragic happens, I think the raw emotion and free floating blame just comes with the territory. The world can be a random, cruel place. Let's be gentle with each other.

All this talk of horrible things people do reminds me of something that happened several years ago. Some guy's wife cheated on him or something and in order to get revenge he didn't let on that he was so disturbed by it, pretended to forgive her, and then proceeded to get her pregnant just so he could kill their child. I guess he tried to think of the most awful thing he could do to the woman and decided that killing her child would be the most brutal but first he had to give her a child so that he could take it away. This kind of calculated brutality is unfathomable. I was blown away by this story back when it was in the news. Whenever something of this nature comes up, I'm always reminded of this guy and I get nauseous knowing that there are such f'ed up people among us. How depressing.

That the world isn't more cruel is amazing though, no? Given the opportunity most people respond with kindness and honesty. For all our failings, people act from the heart and feel good about it. That we as individuals can act from that space and not some other 'evil' space should make us feel good. Awesome even. We are amongst the many more good people there are than effed up people. People we know and love are amongst the good. This isn't to divide the world into us & them, but to illustrate it isn't all that dismal...and little acts of kindness and compassion just make it better.

That there were steroids there certainly isn't an excuse, but I have little doubt that it's a contributing factor. Dismissing it would be to misunderstand the level of aggression they can cause...so much so that they actually can shift a personality, and what might seem like ample cool down time may in fact not even be close. 'Roid rage may not be so much a 'crime of passion' as it is a disturbingly aggressive personality filled with a host of delusions.

Thank you for that.

When something so sad occurs, it sure helps to remember that most of our human family is more likely to look after one another than hurt one another.

Yes, thanks for that. Your post reminded me about James Kim, the father who died trying to save his family when they got lost in the Oregon wilderness last fall. I don't know if it was the postpartum hormones and sleep deprivation, but I cried about that for days. Every time the going got tough with my little one in those early months, I thought about his courage and sacrifice. WWJKD?

Yes, thanks for that. Your post reminded me about James Kim, the father who died trying to save his family when they got lost in the Oregon wilderness last fall. I don't know if it was the postpartum hormones and sleep deprivation, but I cried about that for days. Every time the going got tough with my little one in those early months, I thought about his courage and sacrifice. WWJKD?

Thanks for reminding me of this heroic act. This thread and the whole situation with Benoit was beginning to make me feel a little queasy. I like to think that the majority of humans have more James Kim in them than Chris Benoit.

• 3 weeks later...

No offense to anyone here or to Benoit, but it seems like drugs may have been a problem in the Benoit family.

Testosterone, hydrocodone, and xanax in Benoit's system.

Morphine, hydrocodone, xanax, and alcohol in his wife's.

Yeesh.

He was an idiot with no common sense and no sense of direction. Let's be honest. How about all the fathers who managed do visit parks and not put their families in the position where they needed to pull some ill-fated hero act to bail them out? I'd put them ahead of that Kim guy in the father of the year contest.