Bryan Ferry - Dylanesque

I'm actually stoked to hear this. Ferry is one of my favorites.

If I were to tell you that one of the songs on the album isn't even written by Bob Dylan, that'll give you some indication about how much care and attention went into making this a worthwhile album. Unless you've got money burning a hole in your pocket, I wouldn't waste your money (actually, that's not true; i would waste your money, just not my own :monkey )

I am really disappointed that the general consensus is that this disc sucks. I totally agree with the Pitchfork reviewer's sentiment that Ferry's cover of A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall is one of the best Dylan covers ever. An entire album of covers is a great concept, too bad it appears the execution falls short. I might follow LouieB's m.o. and try to pick this up in the used CD bin.

I might follow LouieB's m.o. and try to pick this up in the used CD bin.
I have all kinds of Dylan cover albums, so I would like this one in my collection. Rarely are they that good; sometimes have good moments. Hard Rain by Ferry is excellent on his older covers album.

LouieB