White Stripes jam with Inuit elders, rock Iqaluit

that is soo neet.

Trying to figure if there will be something strange this Saturday:

# July 6 - Bell Centre, Montreal

# July 7 - John Labatt Centre, London, Ont.

# July 8 - Ottawa Bluesfest, Ottawa

but that is a lot of Bus Travel between Montreal-London-Ottawa. I'll go by my indie shop and see if they may be tipped off about something...

Yeah, no clue where they might play in Ottawa either. If they're looking for ideas, I'm thinking a show under the big spider in front of the National Gallery would work.

How about your backyard, balcony, or stoop?

How about your backyard, balcony, or stoop?

I could make that work. We have a pretty big deck in my backyard. There's a sofa and love seat out there right now - on their way to the dump, but in the meantime, take off the tarp and you've got an instant party. I would even clean up the dog poop.

Really, fair play to them. They don't really hit it with me to be honest but they do seem sincere and making music for the love of it and for the pleasure of playing.

The Let's Build a Home clip on youtube with Jack bowling during the middle of the solo is brilliant. What an incredible tour that they are in the middle of. It surely must be unprecedented for any band to do a month in Canada. Very, very cool.

They're so down-to-earth because they're from Michigan. :)

By the way, I work for an ANC 8(a) (Alaskan Native Corporation with the 8(a) being a small business classification). Anyway, I found out that "Inuit" is the White Man's hack job on the word "Inupiat", which is the language, and "Inupiaq" which are the people.

Also, evidently, calling someone an "Eskimo" is like saying the N-word. You shouldn't call someone that unless you are one.

anyway,

dcd

By the way, I work for an ANC 8(a) (Alaskan Native Company with the 8(a) being a small business classification). Anyway, I found out that "Inuit" is the White Man's hack job on the word "Inupiat", which is the language, and "Inupiaq" which are the people.

Also, evidently, calling someone an "Eskimo" is like saying the N-word. You shouldn't call someone that unless you are one.

I think the Inuit are the group of Aboriginal people in Canada's NWT and Nunavut. In their language, Inuktitut, "Inuit" also means "the people