picked up a breedlove acoustic

anyone have one? I made the purchase after trying it for free for a few days... projects wonderfully, great even tone, sounds great plugged-in, and I haven't even had it set up yet! :) It's my new workhorse, though my Gretsch Rancher Jumbo still comes 'round from time to time.

I was thinking of getting one of their 000 models or om models. Did you play any of those?

Did play a 000 and loved it, but the price kept me away, as I was looking for a workhorse that I could drag to 5/6 gigs per week without losing my lunch if it got a scratch on it. I settled for their $1000 ac25, which played wonderfully. I especially love it for fingerpicking, just so present...

270654.jpg

My pre-freshman-year-at-college summer job is working for a high end acoustic guitar shop here in town. We're breedlove dealers and we finally got in a OOO just like tweedy plays (adirondack top/rosewood back and sides) and let me tell you, even though i am biased, it is hands down my most favorite guitar to play. Not only do I get to compare to a ton of other nice acoustics, i've sampled quite a few fine guitars in my 18 years alive. I must say, if you have the cash to shell out for a Breedlove revival series 000, DO IT. Here's the OOO we have: Port City Guitars- Breedlove OOO

how's that for a dream job?! And I'm only 18!!

I've got the AD25 and boy this thing is great and is a tank ...I've had it for about two years or so and it's lasted countless flights cross country, freshman dorm life, and all around general abuse and still sounds just as good. I love it!

I was thinking of getting one of their 000 models or om models. Did you play any of those?

I lied. I meant Blueridge. :huh No way can I afford a breedlove. However, I am sure they're superb. Anyone ever play the Blueridge 000?

He has been playing a Santa Cruz OOO -- In fact I bought one in January and it is unbelievable. However, he has been playing a Breedlove OOO on this SBS tour recently. I saw them in Atlanta at Chastain, and he used the Breedlove -- and I have seen several pictures and videos from the last couple of months in which Jeff has been playing the Breedlove. The two look extremely similar, except the Breedlove has a little more elaborate inlay on the slotted headstock. Also, the Breedlove website now has a welcome message to Jeff Tweedy, and they even say they are working with him on developing a new guitar. Can't wait to see what this turns out to be -- probably need to start saving $ now to afford it!

Cheers.

I lied. I meant Blueridge. :huh No way can I afford a breedlove. However, I am sure they're superb. Anyone ever play the Blueridge 000?

I have, Blueridge makes great guitars for the money.

My brother has a Breedlove, it really wasn't my cup of tea but he loves it. He passed over 2 Gibby's (Hummingbird Artist and a SWD) and high end Takamine before deciding on the Breedlove so what do I know.

I have a Breedlove. I'll have to check and see what style it is when I get home. I purchased it 12 years ago when the cheapest guitar they built was $1650 - that's the one I got. (I was in highschool and I bought that instead of a car.) It's an SC something, I believe--soft cutaway, satin finish. I've put in a $350 B-band piccup system so she's a mellow lady.

Initially I was extremely unimpressed with the Atlas series, but I played a bunch of the more middle-of-the-road models ($800-$1200) the other day at a local shop here in Nashville and I had to rethink my initial impressions.

Now, my current love afair is with this mandolin that was recently released. Oh baby.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Bre...olin?sku=513487

Now, if only I could raise $1500 legally...