Rilo Kiley - The Moneymaker

have you read the Spin article?

it looks like there's a strong possibility it will be their last record.

i have read in a Blake interview that there were 25 songs for the record.

11 for UTB, plus 2 b-sides that are out there, leaves 12 more songs.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind the hooks are grooves (I like them, actually), but the songwriting is decidedly weaker than I'd expect. Still, I don''t think Under the Blacklight is anything as terrible as some of the reviews make it out to be. (I don't read Pitchfork, so no love loss there.)

it's still their weakest album to date though, regardless of how bad or not bad it is...

first 2 will likely always be tops for me. More Adventurous had some amazing songs but lots of crap too (Ripchord especially)

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else catch Rilo Kiley on Kimmel last night? They played "Dreamworld," and it was, unfortunately, a very boring performance of a very boring song. End credits played over the start of "The Moneymaker," which would have been a much, much better choice, I think.

More Adventurous had some amazing songs but lots of crap too (Ripchord especially)

for whatever reason i'm not wild about blake's voice but i love that song lyrically. it's probably my favorite song that was written about elliott smith after he died, and there were quite a few!

i also think that ripchord's placement on the album set it up to be one of the lesser liked songs on more adventurous. it's in between portions for foxes and i never which went over VERY well. my guess is a lot of people skip right over it.

• 1 month later...