Nels Cline on the gig L.A. 7/28 , 8/2-8/8 east coast

There are some shows listed on nels website starting Sat. 7/28 in Los Angeles 7:30pm at Farmlab. 1745 N. Spring St. unit #4 (323)226-1158, free show I think, lots of folks on the bill:

Accidently on Purpose: The Camels Back

"This evening of music dance features performers such as Nels Cline, Oguri, Robert Scott, Jesske Hume and Yuval Ron's installation and performanceof a giant harp . . .

These guys at Farmlab bought 110 displaced trees after the eviction of the South Central Farmers, and moved them to the Huntington Library and Botanic Garden . . .

(I think those images of Darryll Hanna and Julia Butterfly Hill tree sitting at the South Central Farm probably made the National news a while back. Joan Baez singing . . .)

and on the east coast --- Jenny Scheinman, Nels Cline, Todd Sickafoose, Jim Black ---

8/02 Brooklynn, NY

8/04 Woodstock, NY

8/05 Newmarket, NH

8/06 NYC

8/07 Philadelphia, PA

8/08 Cambridge, MA

The "venues" are on nels website

Yeah I was supposed to be in L.A. this weekend, and I would have seen the show with a buddy of mine, but the plans got cancelled. I would've love to seen Nels without Wilco though just because I haven't yet, and I do enjoy his thousand different side projects a lot.

This was nice. Interesting setting: under a bridge over the LA river with trains going back and forth behind them. nels was good, just what I expected: avant garde noise that sounded cool/beautiful. There was another girl playing guitar with him.

There was a giant harp that got played for the act after Nels along with a multimedia presentations. That was pretty fun too.

The Edge from U2 was there (just watching), which was random. We were standing around listening to the music and all of a sudden this guy in a beanie is standing next to us and it was him. meh.

A few cars with gardens inside of them and little art exhibits and plants everywhere.

Thanks for the heads up on this!

I was so excited to see that there's a show scheduled in Woodstock, until I realized it's the same day as my grandmother's 80th birthday party. :o I could possibly get down to Philadelphia, but it would be a stretch.

Hopefully he'll squeeze in some more east coast shows in the fall. Draw Breath is mind-blowing.

This was nice. Interesting setting: under a bridge over the LA river with trains going back and forth behind them. nels was good, just what I expected: avant garde noise that sounded cool/beautiful. There was another girl playing guitar with him.

There was a giant harp that got played for the act after Nels along with a multimedia presentations. That was pretty fun too.

The Edge from U2 was there (just watching), which was random. We were standing around listening to the music and all of a sudden this guy in a beanie is standing next to us and it was him. meh.

A few cars with gardens inside of them and little art exhibits and plants everywhere.

Thanks for the heads up on this!

Your welcome. I figured Nels would have some gigs in during the tour break I had checked his web site earlier this week but it was to soon after europe. I forget to check again till Friday.

Thank YOU for posting about the event. I didn't make but wanted to . . .

I remember going to New Music Mondays at the Alligator in the mid 90's all the time to see the Nels Cline Trio . . . One night Andy Summers from the Police sat down next to me at the bar . . .

The gigs back east are violinist Jenny Scheinman's. Nels, Jenny, and Todd Sickafoose are also in drummer Scott Amendola's band.

Jenny Scheinman also plays in Norah Jones group. After checking out her web site now it makes sense Norah Jones sitting in with the Scott Amendola band a couple years ago (in NY)

(. . . can't wait for the Wilco Greek Theatre LA 8/29 . . .)

• 2 weeks later...

Got this in the ol' inbox today:

Dear Jenny Scheinman show ticket holders:

Nels Cline guitarist for tonight's Jenny Scheiman's show is replaced by Dave Tronzo, due to illness. If this is any problem, please contact the box office at 617-395-7757.

Sincerely,

The Regattabar

The Regattabar

at The Charles Hotel

in the heart of Harvard Square

Got this in the ol' inbox today:

Dear Jenny Scheinman show ticket holders:

Nels Cline guitarist for tonight's Jenny Scheiman's show is replaced by Dave Tronzo, due to illness. If this is any problem, please contact the box office at 617-395-7757.

Sincerely,

The Regattabar

The Regattabar

at The Charles Hotel

in the heart of Harvard Square

ah man, that stinks. I hope he's ok.