Nels in new issue of Guitar Player

Nels is interviewed about playing with Wilco in the new Guitar Player magazine. Lots of music theory, but definitely worth reading. The solo for You Are My Face was recorded in his boxer shorts!

Also, Jeff's solo for spiders was voted one of the 40 most beatifully reckless guitar solos in history. I have to agree with that one.

Pretty cool interview. His new Singers album is reviewed in the same issue. At the end of the interview it says you can read (ar watch?) more of the interview at guitarplayer.com (or guitarplayertv.com) but I could not find it on either of those sites. However, I did find a 2 minute clip on guitarplayertv.com of Nels and Glenn from one of thier shows.

Jenny Scheinman, Nels Cline, Todd Sickafoose, Jim Black

08/02 | Brooklyn, NY | Prospect Park Band Shell

08/04 | Woodstock, NY | Colony Cafe

08/05 | Newmarket, NH | The Stone Church

08/06 | NYC | Joes's Pub

08/07 | Philedelphia, PA | International House

08/08 | Cambridge, MA | Regatta Bar

There are links to most venues at :

nelscline.com

Jenny Scheinman, Nels Cline, Todd Sickafoose, Jim Black

08/02 | Brooklyn, NY | Prospect Park Band Shell

08/04 | Woodstock, NY | Colony Cafe

08/05 | Newmarket, NH | The Stone Church

08/06 | NYC | Joes's Pub

08/07 | Philedelphia, PA | International House

08/08 | Cambridge, MA | Regatta Bar

There are links to most venues at :

nelscline.com

Damn it! I want to live in America!

I'll have to go out and pick up the new issue. I recently contacted them to see if I could order a copy of the issue back in '05 where he was on the cover, but they were sold out of it. That's a great interview, too, available here.

You can find it on ebay fairly often.

There's a small possibility I have two copies. I had two at one time but I think I gave one away. If I still have an extra I'll give one of them up. However, It'll probably be a week or so before I have a chance to dig through my old magazines and find out if I have it or not.

I subscribe to Guitar Player, and I was leafing through the current issue when I discovered the Nels interview. It's GREAT! Definitely worth reading, even for non-guitarists. Where most interviewees prattle about their gear and setups, Nels talks very specifically about the songs themselves, and the recording process they went through. His insights into "Impossible Germany" make me appreciate the song on a whole other level. Get yourself a copy of this issue if you can!