Elvis Costello to open for Bob Dylan

Aman, how far is Merriweather from you? Are you thinking about going? That would be a nice show for sure.

GAHHH! I love september!!!!!! Dylan, Costello, Bjork, Dave Matthews Band, Allman Brothers, and Animal Collective!! I'll see more concerts in one month than I've seen all year!! (excluding bonnaroo... that was a lot of concerts in 3 days!!) Yeeeaaaaayuh!!

Aman, how far is Merriweather from you? Are you thinking about going? That would be a nice show for sure.

Since I am just The Passenger, I don't know - we saw Wilco there a few summers ago. It must be a couple of hours.

was wondering if anyone else was going to either of these shows. am going to the merriweather one! haven't seen dylan live in several years. actually since he did his april fools show at the 9:30 club. you never know what you're going to get with dylan. should be interesting at least.

The tour extends through the northeast through October 9. Amos Lee is also supporting (according to listings on Pollstar). The full list of tour dates is on bobdylan.com.

I saw Dylan back in June, and I think it was the best performance of the five times I've seen him. I've loved Elvis Costello for years but have never gotten to see him. The tour will be in Syracuse, about an hour from me, but I have to teach that night. Looks like I'll have to drive all the way to Albany if I want to see them. Damn.