wilco please come back to philly

Why is it they seem to snub PA so much? With as many great venues as there are, you'd think they'd play Philly more regularly, or at least play at a university in the area.

I always have to drive a ways to see Wilco, but Philly is actually closer than where I've seen them most recently. I'm hoping the tour will stretch into 2008 and that they'll come back to the northeast then.

The last time they played anywhere in California was also summer 2005. They just can't play every city on every tour.

They could if they tried harder!

Dear Wilco,

Please come to Junction City, KY! We have a population of 1700 and a lot of open fields for ya'll to play in!

No one here knows who you are yet!

PS I don't really live there but I would make the drive for you guys

Yeah, that Penn's Landing show was the last time I saw them in Philly. saw them in 06 when they played Jersey and that was a shitty drive, I got lost and the Starland Ballroom was pure shit. Philly has the TLA, Troc, Electric Factory and many other awesome venues. But instead they played the shitty Starland Ballroom? The place was like a roadside bar, shitty sound and you can't see anything.

I've always felt, and I could be dead wrong about this, but I've always sort of though that there aren't the right sized venues in philly for Wilco. My feeling is that the audience they draw is too big for the Troc, the TLA, even the Electric Factory. That leaves the Outdoor venues, which they've played a few times now, but obviously those venues are seasonal. However maybe The Tower theater could work. It's a bigger sized venue. Here's to hoping.

Keswick is too small, it only holds 1300 people.

Tower Theater capacity is 3200 people, and would be an easy sellout in Philly.

Festival Pier (5000 cap) is a good size for them for a summer show.

My bet for their next Philly show would be Tweeter Center indoors (7200 cap, can be curtained off for smaller crowds).

Regardless of where they play, they need to get back to Illadelphia yesterday. Saw the Summer '05 show with MMJ at Festival Pier: beautiful night, my two favorite bands - couldn't have asked for more. The Tower would be the perfect venue. My wife and I saw Norah Jones there a few months back. As far as acoustics go, the venue cannot be beat in the Phila. area. Looking forward to seeing Ben Harper's acoustic show there on 09/22.

no no, no tower, i just hate driving there. the tla or troc would be a dream but that would sell out real fast, may have to be a camp out situation, (j/k) do people still do that?. electric factory is good too.