Heavy Metal 8-Trak

So, I have a top secret mix I'm conducting, based upon metal/hard rock from the 70's, bands like Motorhead, Budgie, Tygers of Pan, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Thin Lizzy, Queen (i.e. Stone Cold Crazy), so on & so forth, you know stuff that shreds. Trying not to do obvious song choices and so on, I was hoping for suggestions off the beaten path, and not looking for any punk really. And remember, I was never here. :ninja :cheers

f74560e9yd5.jpg

Bloodrock - D.O.A.!

I love how their album names are just so simple - Bloodrock, Bloodrock 2, Bloodrock 3, Bloodrock Live!, Bloodrock and Roll

It would be for comic relief. What a terrible terrible band and nothing sucks quite the way Bloodrock sucks.

Party on dude.

f74560e9yd5.jpg

Bloodrock - D.O.A.!

I love how their album names are just so simple - Bloodrock, Bloodrock 2, Bloodrock 3, Bloodrock Live!, Bloodrock and Roll

It would be for comic relief. What a terrible terrible band and nothing sucks quite the way Bloodrock sucks.

Party on dude.

Totally, my dad still has vinyl from these guys, this used to blow my mind as a wee lad.

Thanks everyone!

Totally, my dad still has vinyl from these guys, this used to blow my mind as a wee lad.

Thanks everyone!

Permie, could you post it back up as a YSI?

who knows, Yacht Rock has brought back Hall and Oates. Maybe this could bring back proto-metal.

Spooky Tooth!
wow, so I guess Judas Priest covered one of their songs, that "Better You, Better than me" or whatever it's called. They sound good.
Permie, could you post it back up as a YSI? who knows, Yacht Rock has brought back Hall and Oates. Maybe this could bring back proto-metal.
I got lost, post the mix? Or what? sorry. . .
I have always liked Mountain myself...particularly Nantucket Sleighride.

LouieB

Nantucket Sleighride is a grrreat tune! I have a live compilation LP of Atlanta Pop/Isle of Wight that has Mountain doing a 16 minute take on Stormy Monday that kills as well.

Nantucket Sleighride is a grrreat tune! I have a live compilation LP of Atlanta Pop/Isle of Wight that has Mountain doing a 16 minute take on Stormy Monday that kills as well.

The live version on Mountain live kills as well. Theme from an Imaginary Western is one of my favorite songs of all time actually.

LouieB

wow, so I guess Judas Priest covered one of their songs, that "Better You, Better than me" or whatever it's called. They sound good.I got lost, post the mix? Or what? sorry. . .

Yeah yeah, post the mix.

Now the rest of this you probably already know. Yacht Rock is the funniest thing on all the internets:

http://www.channel101.com/shows/show.php?show_id=152

and its influence has spread to even some of the artists it parodies:

http://www.seattleweekly.com/2007-08-22/mu...-kryptonite.php

August 22, 2007

Hall & Oates Are Living Proof That There's No Such Thing as Ironic Hipster Kryptonite

Ten years after the Yacht Rock incident, the first mashup album is here.

By Jennifer Maerz and Ben Westhoff

KYLE T. WEBSTER

Extra Info

Hall & Oates McCaw Hall, 305 Harrison St., 684-7200, www.seattlecenter.com. $39.50

Since I'm getting psyched for the concert tomorrow, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Rush--Xanadu and/or Cygnus X-1. One of the best cross-pollinations of Prog & Metal there is out there.

Then there's every English major's favorite, Iron Maiden's vivid retelling of "Rime of the Ancient Mariner."