anyone else watching the US Open this year.

the Serena vs Kerber match has just gotten very interesting.

----

and someone please tell me why serena always wears some outfit that interferes with her tennis playing, granted it is cute, but the bow keeps getting in her way.

There was a pre-game ceremony on last night before the game with Arethra Franklin. I have not watched tennis in a couple of years. So, tell me, when did tennis turn into the super bowl halftime show?

i don't think you'll see that every year, it was a ceremony in honor of Althea Gibson. she was unducted into the US Court of Champions (wonder if that's the hall of fame for tennis) so all the pomp and circumstance was around that.

There was a pre-game ceremony on last night before the game with Arethra Franklin. I have not watched tennis in a couple of years. So, tell me, when did tennis turn into the super bowl halftime show?

When the US got involved.

Don

What a great 1st set in the S. Williams/Henin match.

agreed! i was rooting for serena though. am rooting for roddick, probably doesn't bode well for him then. and Nadal is out. i fell asleep during that match. i always miss the good ones! i'm secretly hoping Moya wins it all.

So it looks like we can just hand Federer another one

poor andy roddick. that's gotta suck to keep losing to the same guy over and over. he played his heart out though for as long as he could last. i'm rooting for Moya now and i should probably stop doing that. everyone i've pulled for so far has lost (except nadal, i was hoping he'd get knocked out for some reason).

poor andy roddick. that's gotta suck to keep losing to the same guy over and over. he played his heart out though for as long as he could last. i'm rooting for Moya now and i should probably stop doing that. everyone i've pulled for so far has lost (except nadal, i was hoping he'd get knocked out for some reason).

I was hoping for another Nadal/Federer final match, but alas, 'twas not to be.