Chicago area Bug Bites

Has anyone else been bitten by theses fuckers? They say they're some kind of "oak mite".

I got bit a few times a week or so ago. They seem to stay much longer than mosquito bites. Worst thing is the mites are too small to even see so you have no way of knowing if you're getting bit.

my secondary boss had to miss a day of work because one bit her on the eyelid and her eye swelled shut. another lady i work with also had to miss a day of work because the bites were so bad. i think kris may have been bitten by these (he thought bed bugs but i didn't get bitten so thats not it).

• 4 weeks later...
100s of people going to the ER. I miean seriously.

Yes, people are a little nuts about this whole thing, but you can get an infection from itching them too much and I know a few people who were prescribed antibiotics.

We had them really bad in August (west suburbs), but not so much lately.

Yes, people are a little nuts about this whole thing, but you can get an infection from itching them too much and I know a few people who were prescribed antibiotics.

We had them really bad in August (west suburbs), but not so much lately.

Yeah I can totally understand going to a clinic to get them checked out. But the ER?!?! the "E" is for emergency. There for the only reason anyone should go to the ER for a bug bite is if a limb is about to fall off or anaphylactic shock and then you should be going by ambulance.

• 2 weeks later...