• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16gb for $399? :/

prolly better off getting an iPhone refurbished imo... you'd still have to carry a phone + ipod with that new one

not saying it doesn't look sweet, but just doesn't seem to really fit my needs

as for the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store... big deal... it's only wifi access to the regular iTunes store (which i could give a shit about). Sprint & Verizon have had music downloads via phone for a long time now. why they didn't even do it w/ the initial iPhone launch is beyond me.

they'll add the wifi music store access to the iPhone via software update today i bet.

the iphone as it is right now with their exclusive contract with AT&T makes it impossible for me to consider, as the range of service here in Madison and greater WI blows.

yeah, i still don't want an iPhone either... so i'm torn

cuz this would be cool, but i'd hate to have to carry both with me most the time... and to pay $399 for something i can already do with my BlackBerry Pearl...

wow that's gonna piss off a LOT of fanboys/early adopters... hahaha

i still wouldn't want one though... fucking AT&T :realmad

I'm tempted to grab a new touch ipod, and think that 8GB would be plenty of room. I really don't need access to EVERYTHING I own....

Is the wi-fi capabilities on the ipod's different then from the iphone?

I think I'll stick with my Sony Vaio Pocket, it's 40GB and I paid a hundred bucks for it, second hand over at head-fi.org. Works well and sounds excellent.

Apple makes nice stuff but ridiculously overpriced IMO.

nah... there are some hardware sim hacks to unlock it's network, but they're really sketchy and break software updates

NPR did a story on what you're talking about, and ended it with something along the lines of "there are also reports that there has been software developed." But that was a week ago, and I haven't heard anything since.

Looks like I'll be going with the 160GB iPod Classic at $349.

yeah... that might be a cool option honestly...

i only have an 8 gig nano now, but 160 would be quite a collection... plus updated full metal body and new UI