Wilco live on Sirius

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the recording. I could not record this last night at 8pm, but I did set my DVR to record it (I get Sirius through Dishnetwork). About 10minutes ago I started the transfer: DVR>CDR. After listening for the first 5 minutes... I bailed. The sound was muddy and compressed - damn DVR! I will get the rebroadcast on tuesday if it does not surface sooner.

I have this recorded on my handheld satellite radio. I've listened to it and it sounds pretty good, but I don't know if the quality is any better/worse thru a DVR or anything else. I can try and transfer it this weekend if all else fails and no other copies arise.

Nice. I would love to give it a listen and see if I could make a decent matrix mix of the broadcast and the audience recording. PM if I can help in any way.

A Broadcast/Aud matrix ! Now that's something new to me ;)

I'm really curious to hear it.

Samuel

I have this recorded on my handheld satellite radio. I've listened to it and it sounds pretty good, but I don't know if the quality is any better/worse thru a DVR or anything else. I can try and transfer it this weekend if all else fails and no other copies arise.

I made another attempt to record the Sirius rebroadcast today (no DVR) and I thought it sounded like a compressed webcast which is a shame considering the capabilities of satellite radio. Once again I recorded about 20 minutes and then hit 'stop' on the recording deck - a painful thing for any taper to do. I know it was not my Sirius because the Blues Traveler and Ozamotli (sp?) played right before the rebroadcast sounded perfect. I just think that Sirius broadcast the audio from the webcast that was available on Sirius.com . My suggestion.... grab the aud.

I made another attempt to record the Sirius rebroadcast today (no DVR) and I thought it sounded like a compressed webcast which is a shame considering the capabilities of satellite radio. Once again I recorded about 20 minutes and then hit 'stop' on the recording deck - a painful thing for any taper to do. I know it was not my Sirius because the Blues Traveler and Ozamotli (sp?) played right before the rebroadcast sounded perfect. I just think that Sirius broadcast the audio from the webcast that was available on Sirius.com . My suggestion.... grab the aud.

Damn Warner that's too bad. :ohwell Thanks for trying though. I was wondering how your second attempt came out.

That is kinda a shame, was looking forward to hearing a soundboard pull form this show.

Those who have downloaded both audience recordings, is there one you prefer?? I got the first one that was up, the schoeps source, but have not downloaded this one: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=509758

should I? Love the schoeps source btw

I prefer the first source, but honestly the second is also very good. It's just that the first source is so amazingly clear. The kick drum is crisp and the bass is full but not boomy. I have rarely heard an audience recording sound so good. I think the combination of excellent equipment, placement, and the fact that it was an open-air show made both of the audience recordings fantastic. What it comes down to for me is that the first source faired better in my 'mastering' process I usually put shows through. I usually keep my remastering jobs for personal use but maybe I'll post a song or two and if there is enough interest I could send out a few copies.