Back in March I had mentioned on this forum that I had ordered a guitar from Nash Guitars. At the time folks were split on this manufacturer, although the discussion had more to do with the "aged" effect than the company itself. Nash does make guitars that haven't been put through the aging process, but since those are the most popular models people tend to equate those lines with the company.

My guitars are all in excellent condition, and because I gig a lot I'm always nervous about them. This guitar solves that problem. The Nash I ordered back in March arrived last week and I couldn't be happier with it. It's a workhorse and absolutely sings. The tone can range from rich depths to crisp bell-like tones. The frets are perfect, smooth a long the edge and hangs onto a note for days. The feel of the body and neck is that of a guitar that's been played and loved for fifty years, which is incredible considering it's actually less than a month old.

I ordered it in Fiesta Red with "medium" aging. Just as an FYI, you can order the aged (the company calls them Timewarp) guitars in three different stages; "Church Gig" (light), "Workingman" (medium), or "Louisiana Roadhouse" (heavy). It's loaded with pickups from Jason Lollar. If you're interested in reading more about the manufacturer, go to www.nashguitars.com.

AAFull.jpg

AA2body.jpg

AA3neck.jpg

AA4side.jpg

AA5back.jpg

That looks amazing.

How much would something like that cost? Is Nash the manufacturer? Why does it say Fender on the headstock?

Nash is the manufacturer. I went to his website, and a lot of it seems kind of "snooty''. Very cool instruments though. I wonder about the headstock logo too....

Can I play "Freebird" or "Stairway to Heaven" on my Nashguitar?

My guitars come with a special chip that senses these and several other songs. If played, the guitar will melt and mutate into an 8 track player (thus voiding the warranty). For a complete list of non-playable songs GO HERE.

I hope this is a joke... :unsure

I think I'm going to have to get a J-series...just like a vintage Jazzmaster but a lot cheaper...

Did you put the logo on yourself?

I am building a maple cap 69 strat replica, and I have two of the repro decal's. Any tips?

They're pretty easy to apply. First, research how the logos were cut during that era, then do the same with yours. Be sure the headstock is clean. Soak the decal in water for at least thirty seconds, then slide onto the headstock. Don't slide it off then apply, instead, slide from the backsheet directly on to the headstock itself and position it to your liking. Use a cloth and pat the decal to remove air bubbles. Good luck with your project. If you ever sell it, be sure to disclose that it's not a real Fender.

I see. I didn't know if Nash was using old Fender parts, or something.

Not old Fender parts, but they are licensed by Fender. At least that's what I understand from the website. I've had this guitar now for almost two weeks and I'm still just as pleased with it. It feels broken in and fits like a glove.

Not old Fender parts, but they are licensed by Fender. At least that's what I understand from the website. I've had this guitar now for almost two weeks and I'm still just as pleased with it. It feels broken in and fits like a glove.

I guess it'd be impossible to sustain a business if you limited yourself to using old Fender parts. Looks like that Nash is about as close as you can get to the real thing. Your guitar is a beauty. I admit I was sort of anti-Strat for a long time (I blame Clapton), but a number of factors have been changing that recently and I'm actually starting to like them quite a bit.

It actually is not very hard to put a guitar together. There are a multitude of vendors (warmoth, musikraft, usa custom guitars, etc.) that will build bodies and necks to your specs. you can then either have them paint it, or send it to a refinishing place. Warmoth uses poly paint, but musikraft uses nitro. You get to pick the neck shape, the woods used, all of that stuff. Then you pick out the parts and electronics you want to use and screw/soulder it all together. You could then either take it in to a tech and have them do the final work ( shape the nut, setup, etc.) or if youve got those skills, you could do that too.

If you want it to be aged, send it in to rs guitarworks to get them to paint it, and they will age it for you too.

You can put together a killer guitar, and it isn't expensive compared to a custom shop guitar. My 69 strat is going to run about 1200 dollars or so.

Also, thanks for the tips on the logo fainting goat. I do not plan on selling mine, I have alot of guitars and I have never sold one. I would be a homeless man pushing a cart full of guitars and still not be able to bear the thought of selling one. What if I needed a strat sound one day??????

It actually is not very hard to put a guitar together. There are a multitude of vendors (warmoth, musikraft, usa custom guitars, etc.) that will build bodies and necks to your specs. you can then either have them paint it, or send it to a refinishing place. Warmoth uses poly paint, but musikraft uses nitro. You get to pick the neck shape, the woods used, all of that stuff. Then you pick out the parts and electronics you want to use and screw/soulder it all together. You could then either take it in to a tech and have them do the final work ( shape the nut, setup, etc.) or if youve got those skills, you could do that too.

If you want it to be aged, send it in to rs guitarworks to get them to paint it, and they will age it for you too.

You can put together a killer guitar, and it isn't expensive compared to a custom shop guitar. My 69 strat is going to run about 1200 dollars or so.

Also, thanks for the tips on the logo fainting goat. I do not plan on selling mine, I have alot of guitars and I have never sold one. I would be a homeless man pushing a cart full of guitars and still not be able to bear the thought of selling one. What if I needed a strat sound one day??????

I put together a replica 52 Tele, with some minor adjustments, and it sounds and plays better than my 'real' telecaster. plus it was half the price than if i bought one of the reissues. It was pretty easy, I think most people would be able to do it.

I put together a replica 52 Tele, with some minor adjustments, and it sounds and plays better than my 'real' telecaster. plus it was half the price than if i bought one of the reissues. It was pretty easy, I think most people would be able to do it.

Very cool! I'd like to do that type of project someday soon. Please post pics when you get a chance.

everytime i go to elderly's guitars i look at the nash's and love they way they look and play.

good choice! dont take any of the rubbish that people give about relicing (want it t look old, play it!) to each his own.

personally, i love when my guitars are a bit scuffed, when they look like jewelry, its kind of gross to me, like im flaunting some shiny phallic object i.e.; hair bandz...

ok.

see you.

Did you order yours directly from the Nash Guitars?

I'm curious because I really want one...I know where my first 2k are going...

I ordered mine using one of the dealers listed on the Nash website. I don't think he takes orders through the website/phone anymore. The authorized dealer will order it just as you want it; type of pick ups, neck shape, etc.

I ordered mine using one of the dealers listed on the Nash website. I don't think he takes orders through the website/phone anymore. The authorized dealer will order it just as you want it; type of pick ups, neck shape, etc.

Do you mind me asking which one of the dealers you used? There are a ton there, not sure which is best. I sure have my sights set on a Relic Sea Foam Telecaster :)

Do you mind me asking which one of the dealers you used? There are a ton there, not sure which is best. I sure have my sights set on a Relic Sea Foam Telecaster :)

That would be a cool guitar! I just sent you a private message.