Ryan Adams - Michigan Theater, 9/22/07

I was lucky enough to get a 4th row seat on the right, just was wondering if anyone else 'round here was going as well...

See you there. I'm in row U. Too bad you can't tape. Well, I'm assuming you can't because the last RA show I attended they were not allowing it.

See you there. I'm in row U. Too bad you can't tape. Well, I'm assuming you can't because the last RA show I attended they were not allowing it.

was this recent? I'd heard that Ryan encourages people to tape his shows. He even went out of his way to buy some sort of special soundboard hookup, so multiple people and plug in with their recorders and whatnot.

I'm not bothering to tape, I am assuming the Detroit crew who have the onstage mics mixed with the soundboard feed are going to be there doing their thing - at least they've done all the Ryan shows within reasonable distance from Detroit.

Ryan is certainly allowing, if not promoting, the taping of his shows. The multiple patches mentioned above, audience ambiance being fed through the mix, and the instant appearance of virtually all of the shows appearing on the live music archive all point to Ryan continuing to cater to the tapers.

I think I'm going into town early to assure that I don't have the deal with post-football traffic - though I'm unsure what I'm gonna do for the two hours or so I'll be stuck down there. Probably be the dork I am and read at Border's like before Tweedy or maybe find a TV and some Guinness or Newcastle and watch the U of M game.

Saw him at the Gem earlier this summer and my recollection was that they were not allowing taping.

Thinking Zingerman's for dinner Tom. Any thoughts? It looks like it'll be a nice night to sit outside.

Saw him at the Gem earlier this summer and my recollection was that they were not allowing taping.

Thinking Zingerman's for dinner Tom. Any thoughts? It looks like it'll be a nice night to sit outside.

Your best chance at Zingerman's is if you arrive while the game's still going on. Downtown Ann Arbor experiences a lull during home games, but before and after it's completely overrun with maize-and-blue-clad morons. Hopefully you'll be able to park within a half mile of Z's. If you run into too much of a crowd at Zingerman's, there are several other good places downtown, closer to the venue, that aren't as popular with the MABCMs.

Wendy's probably going to call me when people are preparing to gather, and I might come on down and join the crowd.

If it's Zingerman's, you might want to order your sandwich with the mustard on the side ... the kitchen staff has developed a bad habit of trowling on so much mustard that you can't taste any of the other ingredients of your sandwich. That's happened to me the last four or five times I've been there, and I think I've finally learned my lesson. It's a pity, because those sandwiches are amazing when properly made, but I just don't trust those kids any more.

Your best chance at Zingerman's is if you arrive while the game's still going on. Downtown Ann Arbor experiences a lull during home games, but before and after it's completely overrun with maize-and-blue-clad morons. Hopefully you'll be able to park within a half mile of Z's. If you run into too much of a crowd at Zingerman's, there are several other good places downtown, closer to the venue, that aren't as popular with the MABCMs.

Wendy's probably going to call me when people are preparing to gather, and I might come on down and join the crowd.

If it's Zingerman's, you might want to order your sandwich with the mustard on the side ... the kitchen staff has developed a bad habit of trowling on so much mustard that you can't taste any of the other ingredients of your sandwich. That's happened to me the last four or five times I've been there, and I think I've finally learned my lesson. It's a pity, because those sandwiches are amazing when properly made, but I just don't trust those kids any more.

Yeah, I was just there Thursday evening and, come to think of it, my corned beef was having trouble keeping its head above the mustard. Wannabe-hippie kids. Sheeeesh!

It was a pretty great show for my first time seeing Ryan. We drove down from the Sault early that morning, shopped for a bit and just missed meeting Ryan at a guitar store. But ended up meeting him after the show. Super super nice guy.

DSC00368.jpg

I'm off, I'll be wandering around looking lost and stupid. Gourds shirt, Saginaw hockey hat, red. Have fun at the show and maybe I'll see you 'round.

How bout the Hounds beating the Spirit eh?!?!?!?!?!

I'm quite used to Saginaw losing to the dogs, we have had more GM's and coaches in the last 5 years than you have had in the last 25 I bet. Our ownership and upper management has their hands on everything and can't leave anything alone. Every time they draft or sign a player the owner has quotes about the player in the paper - he owns car dealerships, his opinion on a player shouldn't mean jack shit, but he always has his hands on everything. At least Tlusty is gone, every time we played against him he'd have like 5 points it seemed... Juice didn't look so hot for once, though, but Perron was so bad it didn't matter.

I wasted about 2 hours in the used record shops and spent all my money on vinyl, there is none to be had by me here in the thumb. When I meet Ryan in 2000 is was nice, nice and drunk. I kinda kept an eye out for him at the record store but I was too busy deciding how to spend the $100 left in my pocket...