Would everyone want Wilco to release more live albums?

it's kind of shitty that the DVD didn't come with the vinyl. i have no use for the CD and i wasn't going to buy that just to get the DVD.

See, I solved that by buyng the CD AND the vinyl.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again, i have no use for the CD. maybe wilco knows that cd's aren't selling as well as they once did and offering the DVD was a way to get people like me to buy it. that sucks.

Guest Left Arm Tan

how long is the dvd that came with the cd? is it still available? i can't remember. i bought just the plain cd without the dvd for whatever retarded reason, but i'd love to check that out.

It's around a half hour long. Half a dozen songs, some good cinematography of Chicago and some good interviews. It would have been better if they had been able to capture the recording of the album instead of just pre-tour rehearsal, which they had intended to do but were delayed for some reason. It could have been like IATTBYH, except with no drama........a love fest of musical proportions.

again, i have no use for the CD. maybe wilco knows that cd's aren't selling as well as they once did and offering the DVD was a way to get people like me to buy it. that sucks.
It sucks to have to buy the cd or it sucks that people are so unwilling to dish out dough for the cd that Wilco maybe had to resort to offering a package deal to get paid?
It sucks to have to buy the cd or it sucks that people are so unwilling to dish out dough for the cd that Wilco maybe had to resort to offering a package deal to get paid?

Wilco has done a great job of packaging their albums different ways. Giving us many options. They offered CD only along with CD with DVD and also vinyl. I think dont think did it to sell cds or they would have not had the only CD option. They just wanted to give bigger Wilco fans a bonus if interested with the DVD.

I'm just wondering why people dont want the CD of the release, is it cause they can easily copy from someone else? Dont you want a CD of the album for portable use? I think its nice to have the original CD with artwork instead of a CDR.

Wilco has done a great job of packaging their albums different ways. Giving us many options. They offered CD only along with CD with DVD and also vinyl. I think dont think did it to sell cds or they would have not had the only CD option. They just wanted to give bigger Wilco fans a bonus if interested with the DVD.

I'm just wondering why people dont want the CD of the release, is it cause they can easily copy from someone else? Dont you want a CD of the album for portable use? I think its nice to have the original CD with artwork instead of a CDR.

I'm all about getting the real deal with the packaging/art/notes. Wilco could re-release all of the albums every six months and I'd buy them over and over again until I ran out of dough because I'm so madly in love with the band. Besides the whole love thing, I can use all of the copies I can get because I'm always misplacing the discs!

I'm all about getting the real deal with the packaging/art/notes. Wilco could re-release all of the albums every six months and I'd buy them over and over again until I ran out of dough because I'm so madly in love with the band. Besides the whole love thing, I can use all of the copies I can get because I'm always misplacing the discs!

Wow, one original copy is good for me. I stopped traveling with my original discs, they always stay at home now, I make CDR copies for traveling cause I have had them stolen before.

i paid 28 bucks for the vinyl. i think i did my part, now i'd like the DVD.

Wilco has done a great job of packaging their albums different ways. Giving us many options. They offered CD only along with CD with DVD and also vinyl. I think dont think did it to sell cds or they would have not had the only CD option. They just wanted to give bigger Wilco fans a bonus if interested with the DVD.I'm just wondering why people dont want the CD of the release, is it cause they can easily copy from someone else? Dont you want a CD of the album for portable use? I think its nice to have the original CD with artwork instead of a CDR.
the vinyl came with a copy of the album on CD. i gave that away. i've had a cd copy for my car since the album leaked. i just don't buy cds anymore, there is no use.
i love wilco too, but come on.
  • 1 month later...