Vibes For Burma (Myanmar)

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

if it doesn't effect americans most people don't care it seems....

And if it doesn't threaten American $$$, a regime can be as horrible as it pleases.

Vibes and prayers for the monks and everyone else brave enough to stand up for freedom.

This has been a fascinating story unfolding over the past few days - history in the making. "It's only a matter of time before they start shooting" an onlooker said, a few days ago. Hopefully there will be no more killings...vibes...

And if it doesn't threaten American $$$, a regime can be as horrible as it pleases.

Hey, maybe we should invade, and have a regime change, and make their country into a democ - oh, oops.

Hey, maybe we should invade, and have a regime change, and make their country into a democ - oh, oops.

Myanmar has oil? Let's go!

Interestingly enough, I read somewhere (how's that for a rock-solid reference) that Laura Bush is very interested and involved in Mayanmar, and has been for a while. Now, what "involved" entails, I have no idea, but at least someone in the White House is keeping an eye on the situation.

:mellow

Damn, that almost sounded like I like her or something. Sheesh.

Interestingly enough, I read somewhere (how's that for a rock-solid reference) that Laura Bush is very interested and involved in Mayanmar, and has been for a while. Now, what "involved" entails, I have no idea, but at least someone in the White House is keeping an eye on the situation.

:mellow

Damn, that almost sounded like I like her or something. Sheesh.

I heard something along those lines on NPR yesterday morning. I was half-asleep at the time and couldn't find anything on their website about it. But yeah, the lil' lady has some interest in the situation, apparently.

Oh goodie, she's "interested." I bet she's interested in waffles, too... and tapestries.

One of my co-workers arrived in Myanmar in August for a two year teaching stint. Schools were closed this week because of the unrest, but so far he's okay. Within walking distance of the Embassy, too.

Sentient beings are numberless; we vow to liberate them.

Delusions are inexhaustible; we vow to transcend them.

Dharma teachings are boundless; we vow to master them.

The Wisdom Way of Enlightenment is supreme; we vow to embody it.

I'll second that....

Internet connections have been cut.....

LouieB

The Dalai Lama's Message to the People of Burma:

I extend my support and solidarity with the recent peaceful movement for democracy in Burma. I fully support their call for freedom and democracy and take this opportunity to appeal to freedom-loving people all over the world to support such non-violent movements. Moreover, I wish to convey my sincere appreciation and admiration to the large number of fellow Buddhists monks for advocating democracy and freedom in Burma.

As a Buddhist monk, I am appealing to the members of the military regime who believe in Buddhism to act in accordance with the sacred dharma in the spirit of compassion and non-violence.

I pray for the success of this peaceful movement and the early release of fellow Nobel Peace laureate Aung San Suu Kyi.

Tenzin Gyatso

September 23, 2007

http://www.dalailama.com/news.156.htm

Cheesy that I relate to such a struggle through a pop song, but I've been listening to this a lot lately:

What you got, they can't steal it

No, they can't even feel it

Walk on, walk on

Stay safe tonight

Interesting story on The World:

http://www.theworld.org/wma.php?id=0926076

"They have been, for so many years, a closed society and many of the people now in charge have grown up entirely in this militarized society. They don't understand what human rights mean. Because they've been cut off from the western world...they're not welcome...for example, they can't send their sons or daughters now either to the United States or Europe for education. There is almost no one who can tell them what life in a democracy is like."