Because it's pretty much the same thing

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then my advice to you - walk away. I did not invite myself into your home - you can leave this thread at any time.

Are you casting me out of this thread into eternal damnation, or something?

This post confirms my long-held belief that you are actually Indiana Jones.

That was a bad joke on me being from where I am - and the whole snake handling/turpentine drinking church deal. Which is really something that goes on in Kentucky - ask JLackey - he knows.

Dude, science says that everything in the universe was once part of an infinitely small and infinitely dense point of matter, before the big bang. Which I think means you and me and even A-man are basically small, scattered parts of the same whole.

True, we are all just star dust, but, as far I as I know, your mom is not my mom, and your dad is not my dad, and they are not, again, as far as I know, brother and sister - aunt and uncle - grandmother and grandfather.

the sort of religious folk whose eyes are set a little too close together

folks who whose eyes are bit too close set

I am intrigued by this phenomenon. Do their eyes advance toward their noses as they are evangelizing or are they just set that way? I'm curious because from what you're saying, this overzealous religiosity may be a matter of nature, rather than nurture, if you're cooking the eggs I'm cracking.

That was a bad joke on me being from where I am - and the whole snake handling/turpentine drinking church deal. Which is really something that goes on in Kentucky - ask JLackey - he knows.

Ok, I understand...Dr. Jones.

True, we are all just star dust, but, as far I as I know, your mom is not my mom, and your dad is not my dad, and they are not, again, as far as I know, brother and sister - aunt and uncle - grandmother and grandfather.

Those are arbitrary titles placed upon humans by humans. You and me are related at the atomic level. And maybe like distant cousins or something.

Those are arbitrary titles placed upon humans by humans. You and me are related at the atomic level. And maybe like distant cousins or something.

True, but your still a brother from a different mother.

Just think how icky it would be if you and your wife, presuming you are married, were like, stranded on a desert island, and then like, copulated and gave birth to two children

Well - I think the thread should be closed up. It's never ending deal really - like talking about abortion or whatever.

Again - it's all just back and forth - this can go on forever.

so will the thread about radiohead's album, so will threads about the band and the beatles. I think you need to accept this phenomenon (message boards) and not let it concern you so.

Just think how icky it would be if you and your wife, presuming you are married, were like, stranded on a desert island, and then like, copulated and gave birth to two children
Just think how icky it would be if you and your wife...were like, stranded on a desert island, and then like, copulated...
Not to put words in her mouth, but I'm pretty sure my wife would agree with all of that.
dude, don't give him any ideas
I need Johnny Lackey to photoshop like a thousand of me's onto the opening shot of Gilligan's Island.
Not to put words in her mouth, but I'm pretty sure my wife would agree with all of that.I need Johnny Lackey to photoshop like a thousand of me's onto the opening shot of Gilligan's Island.

You, sir, are one lucky man.

I don't much care for religious people myself - for the simple fact that one of their missions is to force their beliefs on you.

A-man, c'mon', have I ever once tried to force my religious beliefs on you? Is the issue that they are forcing their religious beliefs or just forcing their beliefs on you? What if someone was going door to door to campaign for a law or candidate that you supported yourself...but you neighbor didn't?

Forcing your opinions or beliefs as absolute fact on anybody...disrespectfully attacking their intellectual capacity if they don't ascribe to your views be they religious, political, artistic, etc....it's intolerance no matter what wing you lean towards.

jnick, you are doing an awful lot of backpeddling. you can fall back on saying that your issue is w/ 'organized religion' and their intolerance of certain groups...but if i really wanted to, i could go back in this thread and others and cite your comments against anybody who believes in god or any sort of other higher power. you don't find your repeated addition of 'sky' in front of 'god' doesn't come off as an insult to anyone of any faith who believes? i'm completely okay w/ people believing or not believing in something...i'm okay w/ people respectfully articulating their 'strong convictions' and what they believe or don't believe in...i'm not okay w/ people who rally against intolerance and are completely intolerant themselves.