So, I got that HQ update the other day and I was kind of shocked to see that the band is winding down touring for the year. I mean, the record came out in May and it doesn't seem like they have toured that much. This holds true especially when compared to the touring behind YHF and AGIB. I have heard other people say that the band is going to take a much needed break, and not that I don't agree they're a bunch of hard working kids, but I don't think this tour, at least on paper from Wilcobase, has looked all that rigerous. And then to hear that they're not going to play anymore for sometime saddens me some. I just don't want Wilco to be REM, in that they only play shows when they're supporting the very recent release of a record. Wilco is such an awesome live band that I think they really belong out on the road. Is this making sense? I don't know, just something I've been thinking about...

Wilco can't afford to be like REM--their records don't sell well enough for the six of them to make their living off of record sales. They're made it well known that touring is where they get the majority of their income. And when you know you're going to have to tour, then you create a schedule that allows you (and your family) to remain sane year after year.

I thought their tour schedule was damn impressive, myself.

67 shows since April (6 months). That's quite a lot of shows imo.

Not to mention that JT played a bunch of shows in Jan.

Feb.-March is the only time there hasn't been some live Wilco/Tweedy stuff. That's a good amount of touring.