moronic sportscaster utterings

apart from politicians and fast food employees, I'm not sure any other group routinely offers more ridiculous things to say.

From today so far:

During the UT/Iowa State game, announcer was commenting the 3 "keys to the game" for iowa state. Number 1?

"Finish"

What captain obvious and other learned observations have you heard of late?

apart from politicians and fast food employees, I'm not sure any other group routinely offers more ridiculous things to say.

From today so far:

During the UT/Iowa State game, announcer was commenting the 3 "keys to the game" for iowa state. Number 1?

"Finish"

What captain obvious and other learned observations have you heard of late?

"Firejoemorgan.com"

They tackle this stuff daily.

So. Alabama kicks a field goal to go up 23-20 in Overtime. Mike Patrick, apropos of absolutely zero, has something to say. Todd Blackledge plays the part of the baffled color man.

MP: "I have an important question. What is Britney doing with her life?"

TB: "Who?"

MP: "Britney!"

TB: "...Britney who?"

MP: "Spears! What is she doing with her career?"

TB: "Why do we care at this point?...Is she here?"

MP: "I don't think so."

TB: "Is she a football fan?"

MP: "Oh I'm sure she is." [two seconds pass] "Georgia from the 25."

Georgia then wins the game on the next play.

don't be too hard on fast food employees - they are forced to say stupid crap....script and all.

When I was in college, I worked at an art supply store. Right before the holiday season, we got a regional manager who decided we would say this really ridiculous script when we answered the phone. My boss would answer the phone and say it really slow....pausing here and there.....and when a customer would start to ask a question he would continue with the script....it was hilarious.

p.s...empathy is the key when going to a fast food joint.

don't be too hard on fast food employees - they are forced to say stupid crap....script and all.

I accept the script part--that's not my issue. At least in texas, it is rare to encounter a fast food employee with any semblance of english comprehension. It makes it very difficult at times to order items that are already designated by numbered "meals."

I don't expect them to be geniuses, and I sympathize with what it must be like to have such a shit job, but could they at least pretend to care that they're getting to me what I'm paying for?

I accept the script part--that's not my issue. At least in texas Houston, it is rare to encounter a fast food employee with any semblance of english comprehension. It makes it very difficult at times to order items that are already designated by numbered "meals."

I don't expect them to be geniuses, and I sympathize with what it must be like to have such a shit job, but could they at least pretend to care that they're getting to me what I'm paying for?

Fixed it fow ya :thumbup

Fixed it fow ya :thumbup

I've had the same miserable experience in houston, dallas, ft worth, plano, frisco, madisonville, huntsville, centerville, san antonio, boerne, corpus, waco, tyler, sugar land, austin, brenham, and probably a dozen other places. Send me an address and I'll make a roadtrip.

I accept the script part--that's not my issue. At least in texas, it is rare to encounter a fast food employee with any semblance of english comprehension. It makes it very difficult at times to order items that are already designated by numbered "meals."

I read an article earlier this year stating that Wendy's fast food chain was implementing a "call center" for their ordering. This is coming as many complaints occur regarding the order-taking person's inability to speak English. When placing an order, you would speak to a person from the call center who then inputs the order for the franchise location and it pops up in their kitchen, specifying your order.

It could work.

Anyway....sorry to hijack.

I read an article earlier this year stating that Wendy's fast food chain was implementing a "call center" for their ordering. This is coming as many complaints occur regarding the order-taking person's inability to speak English. When placing an order, you would speak to a person from the call center who then inputs the order for the franchise location and it pops up in their kitchen, specifying your order.

It could work.

Anyway....sorry to hijack.

That's insane. I'm willing to be patient and speak clearly, and even learn the word for "hazelnut" in Spanish, but geez, Louise, if you're going to live and work in this country, make an effort to learn English, will you not?