Joe Pisapia -- Seriously, y'all

I tried telling y'all about him in THIS THREAD, but nobody seems to want to listen.

Maybe it's because I'm still a newbie?

Ask LouieB, I am a real person who really likes this board, and not a street teamer.

Anyway, his album is still kicking my ass 5 years after its release. May sneak its way into my top-50, all-time.

Hyperbole? Maybe. But I think that many of you around here will like it.

And, yeah I do tend to do this from time to time -- hype up my favorite bands. But as I plan on sticking around for a while, you'd better get used to it.

Anyway, I hope that, if you do check it out, you'll let me know what you think.

Here's his link again:

www.myspace.com/joepisapia

And, I'm not spamming about my band (yet), so just wait until I get a little more established!

Anyway, his album is still kicking my ass 5 years after its release. May sneak its way into my top-50, all-time.

Hyperbole? Maybe. But I think that many of you around here will like it.

Joe is quite talented, his "Daydreams" and his band Joe, Marc's Brother's "Around the Year With" are already in my top-50.

Saw Joe do an hour long set on S&D this past January. Was the highlight performance of the cruise for sure.

You can watch some videos of it on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...p;search=Search

Agreed - this is a questionable move, PopTodd.

Thanks for the advice.

Duly noted.

Well, simply stated, Joe Pisapia's Daydreams was my favorite album of 2002. I told everyone about it as often as I could. And I asked Joe several times when the hell he will release a new one. But he was too busy touring with Guster, I think. He's a fine, sensitive producer. He's got the gift of a painter for sounds and music. That's what Daydreams is. Musical painting. Among the finest, most subtle tunes and harmonies and sounds I heard in the latest years.

I have to admit I have not yet listened to Joe Pisapia's own work, but from seeing Guster last summer several times, but I'm with Solace and Mystic Spiral and a lot of others here -- I can't imagine Guster without him as well. Thanks, PopTodd, for this extra nudge not to miss it.

And for you uber fans: Ryan Miller of Guster has his own "Joe, Marc's Brother" T-shirt for sale in a charity auction here. :)

Edit: ckc: Do you know who is playing with Joe (besides Ryan Miller who I recognize) in the first video from Ships & Dips you posted above for the song "That's Enough" ... ? It's a really beautiful performance!

On S&D Joe was accompanied by:

Ryan Miller (Guster) - Guitar and Vocals

Tyler Stewart (BNL) - Drums and Vocals

Jim Creeggan (BNL) - Upright Bass and Vocals

on some songs he was also accompanied by...

Brian Rosenworcel (Guster) - Percussion

Adam Gardner (Guster) - Vocals

Those 3 guys on the left (stage right) are from the Colorado bluegrass band called Oakhurst I think the banjo player is Zach Daniels, but not sure of the other 2 guys names.

The thing I love about his "Daydreams" and Marc's Brother's "Around the Year With" -- is that they go great together. I never tire of listening to either of them -- over and over and over.

He may be busy touring, but I suspect he's stockpiling some Joe P. nuggets for future release. A songwriter who can pull off 2 amazing releases in a period of just 2 years is bound to have more great songs to share with us in the future.