Wilco on Austin City Limits - November 3

Wilco will be on Austin City Limits in a few weeks. Not sure that's been mentioned yet. Here's a link - Austin City Limits Looks like it'll be a full hour this time. If someone could possibly record this for me, I'd be grateful. I'll probably forget to do it myself.

It's being broadcast in hi-def and Dolby 5.1 this year. It'd be nice if someone could capture it at this resolution.

I can record HD using a rinkydink USB attachment on my iMac, but I've only tried it a couple of times and there have been some dropouts and stutters. It may be a weak signal due to the rabbit ears I'm using for an antenna. Also, it looks like my station doesn't broadcast in 5.1.

I've seen "scene" releases on Usenet that are HD and 5.1, so you can probably rely on them. You'll have to live with some compression down to a 700MB xvid file, but who wants to download the full ~15GB HD file anyway?

Wilco will be on Austin City Limits in a few weeks. Not sure that's been mentioned yet. Here's a link - Austin City Limits Looks like it'll be a full hour this time. If someone could possibly record this for me, I'd be grateful. I'll probably forget to do it myself.

I'll be recording it using good ol' VHS, but we use rabbit ears as well (chucked the dish cable when N8's paranoia was in full swing). If no one provides a copy, you know I'd be happy to send mine your way. :)

It will be aired multiple times, so I'm sure you'll catch it one of them.

Looking forward to this.

This is how I'm spending my 21st birthday:

10am - Wake up

11am - Trip to the liquor store

11:15am - Watching my Badgers get anally penetrated by OSU

3pm - Trip to a bar to drown my sorrows of a terrible football season

5pm - Some type of dinner

7pm - Party my friends are throwing me (that I'm somehow not supposed to know about but they sent me an inviation via Facebook)

10pm - Stopping the party, putting ACL on in HD, and putting my 7.1 surround sound to good use

Then again I may see Kevin Drew in Chicago and Tivo the ACL, but that looks like an (almost) awesome day

my local pbs station is no longer airing acl. :( guess i will have to wait for a dvd to come around...

bummer.

What?!?!?! Don't they like country music in that state?

What?!?!?! Don't they like country music in that state?

no, we get georgia public broadcasting because we are so close to the boarder... maybe they swapped the times on us or something, i am going to investigate...

Between this, I Am Trying To Break Your Heart, Sunken Treasure, and the first Wilco ACL performance, my DVR is gonna get full. My wife isn't gonna have room for her 270,000 episodes of House, ER and Greys Anatomy she has recorded. I recommend that if you get HDTV and you have DVR, you upgrade your DVR. High Def. is murder on your DVR hard drive space.