Nels Cline interview

Reading this for a second time i have to share this from the interview:

ND: How does JT work as a bandleader?

NC: I think Jeff i interesting because he kind of lays back for a long time before he asserts himself, as far as an opinion. That allows us all to feel like we're participating and making music together first, and then starts streamlining it along the lines he was thinking about. He's much more curious about what we're going to do than what he wants us to do.

I've heard this might be its last tour.

I really hope this isn't the case...but I can understand that life on the road (i.e., being gone for long periods of time) can be a challenge. Literally and figuratively... there's only one Nels Cline.

Nothing lasts forever. Let's enjoy it while we can.

I've heard this might be its last tour. :no

Do you mean the last tour for Nels, or the last tour for his black Jazzmaster?

I doubt either is the case. It seems like his Jazzmaster takes more abuse in other bands he's is and has been in, and he was far less financially able to keep it in working order than he is now. If anything, he'll probably use it less now that he finally found some other Jazzmasters that he's really happy with (I'm basing that on the Watt From Pedro Show interview). I doubt he'd leave it behind, though.

Do you mean the last tour for Nels, or the last tour for his black Jazzmaster?

I'm pretty sure Sam means the guitar. Nowadays I would think that Nels probably doesn't have to rely on it nearly as much as he did in the less lucrative "old days," but I hope it will still show up from time to time and not go completely into retirement.