if hillary enters the white house and is a two term president (which isn't out of the realm of possibility) that would make 28 years that either a bush or a clinton resided in the white house. 36 years if you count bush senior's years as the vice president.

think about that for a minute.

then consider where we are as a nation and how new blood might just be the answer.

i'm sorry, but i just can't accept a continuation of these two families stranglehold on the presidency...ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

Yea yea..sure....Bush Clinton, Bush, Clinton etc. etc. I know this.

Some countries have the same leaders for decades even ones that are democratic. Look who is back in Pakistan. Recycling leadership isn't that unusual since those are the folks with the resources and name recognition to keep coming back. Even though the rest of the field on both sides are relatively new, they are also the same old shit. Many have held elected office for decades as well.

Hillary doesn't make me jump up and down for joy and I intend to vote for Obama who is relatively new blood (also fairly inexperienced and maybe not "black enough"), but as I said I really don't give a shit if Hillary wins, we need W and his minions out period. Some of his gang goes back many many decades. I don't have any illusions about this, just no more goofy third parties and no more so compassionate conservatives who aren't either. Hell I would even take a REAL fiscal conservative at this point. We have morgaged our kids future at this point and can't do shit to meet our obligations to any of the generations that are alive or the ones to come. I am approaching retirement and would like to think I don't have to worry about myself or my kids.

LouieB

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kucinich is the most brilliant American politician currently seeking the office of president. Fact! And his wife is an absolute stunner, to boot.

And how the shit was there not a right-wing conspiracy during the Clinton years? The GOP mobilized more efficiently than any army I've ever seen in their attempts to bring Bill down over a fucking blowjob. I've seldom seen insanity on such a grand scale.

:thumbup

whether i agree w/ the rationale behind it or not, clinton is so polarizing to a lot folks on both sides of the fence. i will likely vote for her, should she get the nod, but her candidacy is a gurantee of another four years of a republican administration. not even because she's a woman...but moreso that she's hillary clinton.

That's the biggest fear. I've been saying this for months now - if anyone other than HC gets the nomination, it should be a shoo-in for the Dems. If HC gets the nod, then all bets are off. It's 50/50. The backlash vote could be extreme.

Yea, the backlash could be extreme, but then again she could get many groups that have not been all that interested in the past too. Don't discount the fact that she would be the first female candidate will also get some folks on her side as well.

John Kerry was a hard sell last time out; he should have been a shoe in also, but he couldn't do jack, so at what point does it look like Obama or Edwards has any more ability to rally folks. Obama maybe does, but his relative newness to national politics could be a detriment (not to mention his ties to the Chicago machine...). Calling Kucinich brilliant has no meaning. So he is totally PC and so totally clueless (not unlike our buddy Ralph Nader); none of that is going to get him elected to anything at this point.

LouieB

"If someone is poor, it's always the result of choices they made somewhere along the line."

That's a direct quote from my Republican sister. How do we combat a worldview that replaces reality with a cartoon?

Here's a quote from the beloved Ronnie the Ray-Gun (paraphrased, of course) "The homeless choose to live in the street. I choose to live in the White House. That's what makes this country great - the freedom to choose".

Shameful how a rat bastard like that has been mythologized into being one of the great leaders of the country. Right when we were on the verge of becoming a more progressive society (imo of course) that pig-fucker turned back the clock in so many areas that we've never really recovered.

Maybe now we will. God, I hope so.

Here's a quote from the beloved Ronnie the Ray-Gun (paraphrased, of course) "The homeless choose to live in the street. I choose to live in the White House. That's what makes this country great - the freedom to choose".

Shameful how a rat bastard like that has been mythologized into being one of the great leaders of the country. Right when we were on the verge of becoming a more progressive society (imo of course) that pig-fucker turned back the clock in so many areas that we've never really recovered.

Maybe now we will. God, I hope so.

The people of East Germany might not think so.

working 50 hours a week for 40 hours a week pay

that's illegal

Some of you will puke all over your keyboard, but I'd almost write-in Bono on my ballot. Have you all read his Rolling Stone interview? He be way over his head in the White House, but I've always liked how Bono expresses himself. He makes more sense to me than Bushes OR the Clintons.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/17119236/bono

Too bad Bono can't run.

• 3 weeks later...

again, i'll probably vote for her over the GOP if it's my only choice...but her name on the ballot seems to me to be a guranteed victory for a the Republican candidate.

New poll shows Clinton trails top 2008 Republicans

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton trails five top Republican presidential contenders in general election match-ups, a drop in support from this summer, according to a poll released on Monday.

Clinton's top Democratic rivals, Barack Obama and John Edwards, still lead Republicans in hypothetical match-ups ahead of the November 4, 2008, presidential election, the survey by Zogby Interactive showed.

Clinton, a New York senator who has been at the top of the Democratic pack in national polls in the 2008 race, trails Republican candidates Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney, Fred Thompson, John McCain and Mike Huckabee by three to five percentage points in the direct matches.

In July, Clinton narrowly led McCain, an Arizona senator, and held a five-point lead over former New York Mayor Giuliani, a six-point lead over former Tennessee Sen. Thompson and a 10-point lead over former Massachusetts Gov. Romney.

She was not matched against the fast-rising Huckabee, a former Arkansas governor, in the July poll.

The results come as other national polls show the race for the Democratic nomination tightening five weeks before the first contest in Iowa, which kicks off the state-by-state nomination battles in each party.

Some Democrats have expressed concerns about the former first lady's electability in a race against Republicans. The survey showed Clinton not performing as well as Obama and Edwards among independents and younger voters, pollster John Zogby said.

"The questions about her electability have always been there, but as we get close this suggests that is a problem," Zogby said.

Obama, an Illinois senator, and Edwards, a former North Carolina senator, both hold narrow leads over the Republican contenders in the hypothetical 2008 match-ups.

"It all points to a very competitive general election at a time when many people think the Democrats are going to win the White House," Zogby said.

The poll of 9,355 people had a margin of error of plus or minus one percentage point. The interactive poll surveys individuals who have registered to take part in online polls.