do not stare directly into her eyes!...those glowing red eyes....

however, if hillary gets it..i can't even think about that right now. that's just too depressing.

Hey, at least Hillary tried to do something about health care. She may even try again.
I can't wait for the general election- things got so interesting around here a couple years ago.

I think we are so shell shocked by the Bush administration that we can't even imagine it might be better under someone else. The fact is despite all of Hillary's deficits, she will be far better than W was, period. We have lived through one of hte worst times ever, with an endless war that we shouldn't have started and now can't end, and which is costing us billions in resources that we could use to solve any number of problems; now we have just created more.

Liars, bullshitters...sure...of course, but we are now so punchdrunk from six plus years of Bush we have no clue what to expect next.

LouieB

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what Lucy Mercer used to call him, I am told.

All that and a Lucy Mercer joke. I love you, bjorn_skurj. :wub

This was my first foray into this thread. Aside from bjorn's rant, I think I could have lived without it, and I'll probably steer clear again from now on. :stunned

The fact is despite all of Hillary's deficits, she will be far better than W was, period.

LouieB

if hillary enters the white house and is a two term president (which isn't out of the realm of possibility) that would make 28 years that either a bush or a clinton resided in the white house. 36 years if you count bush senior's years as the vice president.

think about that for a minute.

then consider where we are as a nation and how new blood might just be the answer.

i'm sorry, but i just can't accept a continuation of these two families stranglehold on the presidency...ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

I'm not rich either, but I have worked hard to be able to get a job with a good company that provides good benefits.. The goverment didn't give me that..

Well you should thank your grandparents and the rest of that generation for having, the right stuff, to stand up to big business and, getting a 40 hour work week, health benefits, safe working environments, and pensions.

and slam the me generation, for laying down and giving back most of these. What's a pension? Health benefits, I pay a little more for each year for a little less coverage, working 50 hours a week for 40 hours a week pay, that's 25% free for the corporate boys. When is the last time anyone ever got a 25% raise?

Yeah, maybe they are better at appearing so. But if its good enough to appear authentic to the American people, it will surely benefit our country especially in matters of foreign relations and policy to have a president who appears authentic whether they are or not.

W is authentic. He's an arrogant texas oil man

"If someone is poor, it's always the result of choices they made somewhere along the line."

That's a direct quote from my Republican sister. How do we combat a worldview that replaces reality with a cartoon?

Yea like the family I was born into.

if hillary enters the white house and is a two term president (which isn't out of the realm of possibility) that would make 28 years that either a bush or a clinton resided in the white house. 36 years if you count bush senior's years as the vice president.

then consider where we are as a nation and how new blood might just be the answer.

i'm sorry, but i just can't accept a continuation of these two families stranglehold on the presidency...ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

Nicely put when will we be like most other countries and get a 3rd, 4th, 5th, and even 6th party?

we all need to quit listening to the lamestrem media.

I don't know too many conservatives that are happy with the republicrats, nor to many liberals that are happy with the demicans.

What he said.

Seriously, wouldn't it be a little embarrasing for Americans if, in the country where ANYONE can be President, we have the same 2 families in office for almost 3 decades?

Personally, I'm not excited about anyone. Obama, maybe, just because I'd be interested to see what he could do. Even Guilliani or McCain would create a little excitement.

Some of you will puke all over your keyboard, but I'd almost write-in Bono on my ballot. Have you all read his Rolling Stone interview? He be way over his head in the White House, but I've always liked how Bono expresses himself. He makes more sense to me than Bushes OR the Clintons.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/17119236/bono

Kucinich is the most brilliant American politician currently seeking the office of president. Fact! And his wife is an absolute stunner, to boot.

And how the shit was there not a right-wing conspiracy during the Clinton years? The GOP mobilized more efficiently than any army I've ever seen in their attempts to bring Bill down over a fucking blowjob. I've seldom seen insanity on such a grand scale.

Yeah... I mean all he did was get blowjobs in the Oval office from a White House intern behind his wife's back. I mean, really... grow up and get over it.

The President. :usa

Getting blowjobs in the Oval office.

Oh yeah... and that perjury thing. :thumbup

Stock up on the Prozac, then, my friend. Nominations are much more a function of the effectiveness of a candidate's machine than anything else.

To be honest, I don't really care Hillary's full of shit. All politicians are full of shit, and if I can be honest, all of us are full of shit to one degree or another. To be even more honest, if Obama's or Kucinich's name shows up on the Democratic line, they'll get my vote. Why? I'll tell you why. Republicanism has nothing for me. I'm not rich, I like gay people, I am unmoved by most displays of shallow patriotism, I believe a woman's uterus and what occurs within is solely her own business, and I think the services the government provides are worth the taxes I pay for them. I don't think Democrats today are as noble and pure as my homey Franklin D., but I still think Democrats are substantially more likely to do something to help me than the GOP is. And the sheer stupidity of our Iraq thing has convinced me that Republicans have no idea how to deal with the world today. None. You wanna try to talk me out of any of that, go right ahead.

I saw a man in the midst of raging argument with a lamp post today. I did not intervene.

-Shuck (wealthy, gay-bashing jingoist... apparently)

Some of you will puke all over your keyboard, but I'd almost write-in Bono on my ballot. Have you all read his Rolling Stone interview? He be way over his head in the White House, but I've always liked how Bono expresses himself. He makes more sense to me than Bushes OR the Clintons.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/17119236/bono

the thing about bono is that he really cares. and all that stuff int he interview is coming from a guy who never graduated high school (i don't think... or maybe it was one of the others). pretty impressive how hes educated himself in order to make a difference.

Personally, I'm not excited about anyone. Obama, maybe, just because I'd be interested to see what he could do. Even Guilliani or McCain would create a little excitement.

If you think 4 war year is exciting

Oh yeah... and that perjury thing. :thumbup

About WMD's

W is authentic. He's an arrogant texas oil man

How does that make him authentic?? Thats nothing more than your opinion/description of who you see him as. I was referring to whether you can trust a candidate to do whatever is in their abilities to make the changes they appear to want to create. If someone is authentic they are trustworthy and reliable...and Bush has proven not the be the former. How does being an "arrogant oil man" make him authentic to the American people??

Flip flopping and saying what is popular is what lost the Dems the last election, dont make the same mistake again because Hillary will get torn apart in a real debate.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing," Hillary will say, and then crush their tracheae with a mere thought. NOBODY campaigns better than the Clintons. Remember how absurd it seemed at first that she could be a senator from a state she lived in for what, like a week?

I saw a man in the midst of raging argument with a lamp post today. I did not intervene.

-Shuck (wealthy, gay-bashing jingoist... apparently)

Hey, I didn't say you or any other Republican are necessarily all or any of those things. That was merely my analysis of the GOP's major talking points. Why you, or anyone else, belongs to/votes for the GOP is their own business. This is America, after all.

How does that make him authentic?? Thats nothing more than your opinion/description of who you see him as. I was referring to whether you can trust a candidate to do whatever is in their abilities to make the changes they appear to want to create. If someone is authentic they are trustworthy and reliable...and Bush has proven not the be the former. How does being an "arrogant oil man" make him authentic to the American people??

Was going with this definition "authentic - genuine, not false or copied" not as in trustworthy.

and If any of the candidates could be trusted they would not have made it this far.

Didn't Bill promise us health care? Now you think Hill will bring it to us, unlikely.

Yeah... I mean all he did was get blowjobs in the Oval office from a White House intern behind his wife's back. I mean, really... grow up and get over it.

The President. :usa

Getting blowjobs in the Oval office.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous at the kind of media attention that all got. It's really interesting looking at the difference between Canadians and Americans and how they view their respective leaders. In America, the public needs and WANTS to know all there is to know about their leader (generally speaking). In Canada, there isn't the same attention spotlighting the Prime Ministers family and personal life, etc. I mean, of course there have been moments when the Prime Minister was lambasted when he gave his young son a handshake rather than a hug when dropping him off at school, and their have been appearances of Harper's wife here or there. But Prime Minister's personal lives are not elevated and nit-picked at, at nearly the same level as American Presidents. I don't care if Harper is getting blow jobs. I don't care if any Prime Minister has an affair, and I think that many Canadians aren't interested in Prime Minister's personal lives. There are far more important issues that would make me rally against or for a Prime Minister, and they would have nothing to do with their personal lives.

I think its hilarious at the amount of outrage expressed at Clinton, when what he did (or had done to him) had no direct effect on the course of America. Whereas Bush and his administration have made countless errors in judgement that have completely created a whirlwind of pain, death, and humiliation, and there isn't that same amount of outrage by the same people who lambasted Clinton for a freaking blowjob!

I think it's absolutely ridiculous at the kind of media attention that all got. It's really interesting looking at the difference between Canadians and Americans and how they view their respective leaders. In America, the public needs and WANTS to know all there is to know about their leader (generally speaking). In Canada, there isn't the same attention spotlighting the Prime Ministers family and personal life, etc. I mean, of course there have been moments when the Prime Minister was lambasted when he gave his young son a handshake rather than a hug when dropping him off at school, and their have been appearances of Harper's wife here or there. But Prime Minister's personal lives are not elevated and nit-picked at, at nearly the same level as American Presidents. I don't care if Harper is getting blow jobs. I don't care if any Prime Minister has an affair, and I think that many Canadians aren't interested in Prime Minister's personal lives. There are far more important issues that would make me rally against or for a Prime Minister, and they would have nothing to do with their personal lives.

I think its hilarious at the amount of outrage expressed at Clinton, when what he did (or had done to him) had no direct effect on the course of America. Whereas Bush and his administration have made countless errors in judgement that have completely created a whirlwind of pain, death, and humiliation, and there isn't that same amount of outrage by the same people who lambasted Clinton for a freaking blowjob!

Trust me... I did not want to know that our President was getting blowjobs from, and inserting cigars into a White House intern. In the Oval Office. Behind his wife's back.

And none of this "whilrwind of death" you speak of could have been lessend or perhaps averted if Bill Clinton had'nt dragged the nation through the whole sordid mess. Certainly not.

dragged the nation through the whole sordid mess.

i think the nation was very willing to be 'dragged' into the mess. that's what i mean. its like the whole car accident scene that is horrible/gross, but people can't look away. it fascinates them, and they want to see/know more. i think that mindset is far more prevelant in America regarding their leaders' personal lives.

And none of this "whilrwind of death" you speak of could have been lessend or perhaps averted if Bill Clinton had'nt dragged the nation through the whole sordid mess. Certainly not.

the point that i was trying to make is just that i think its bizzare and troubling to me that so many people were outraged at the whole clinton/blowjob fiasco, yet so many americans still support Bush after all of the DIRECTLY relevant, poor POLICY decisions he and his administration have made.

Lewinsky was a good news story, but I wonder if it really changed the amount of support for Bill one way or the other. I'm sure Bob Livingston and Henry Hyde kind of wish the whole subject had never been brought up.

other people that have babies just to get more money from the government...
:rotfl

Yeah, because there are just sooooo many of these "welfare queens" rolling around in BMWs with six kids. :rolleyes

The welfare queen is a myth. However, "wealthfare" is a convenient way to get money for nothing. All you have to do is be massively wealthy, greedy, and friendly with Uncle Sam...also, it helps if your name is Exxon.

I don't get the vehement Hillary hatred. She really isn't that bad. And just because of the Bush/Clinton thing, she shouldn't be considered? Bah.

For now though, I'm voting Obama, with a hope against hope that Gore decides to enter the race. No matter what, it'll be nice listening to someone who can string together thoughts and put forward a cohesive argument, even if one doesn't agree.