• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...because she has a large lead in the polls?

True, but she also has a pretty large disapproval rating. But it's too early to tell really.. Even though I would never vote for her, I've already accepted the fact that she very well could be the next president of the United States.. As scary as that would be.. If she does get elected, I'll just have to drink more :beer to help ease the pain..

why does hillary have this nomination already in her cold icy grip? when did she sign her pact with satan? why is everybody nodding their heads in agreement she's going to get the nomination?

Stock up on the Prozac, then, my friend. Nominations are much more a function of the effectiveness of a candidate's machine than anything else.

To be honest, I don't really care Hillary's full of shit. All politicians are full of shit, and if I can be honest, all of us are full of shit to one degree or another. To be even more honest, if Obama's or Kucinich's name shows up on the Democratic line, they'll get my vote. Why? I'll tell you why. Republicanism has nothing for me. I'm not rich, I like gay people, I am unmoved by most displays of shallow patriotism, I believe a woman's uterus and what occurs within is solely her own business, and I think the services the government provides are worth the taxes I pay for them. I don't think Democrats today are as noble and pure as my homey Franklin D., but I still think Democrats are substantially more likely to do something to help me than the GOP is. And the sheer stupidity of our Iraq thing has convinced me that Republicans have no idea how to deal with the world today. None. You wanna try to talk me out of any of that, go right ahead.

I'm still totally down, and I thought it said "my horney Franklin D"

(i just got glasses and i haven't gotten around to wearing them much yet)

That's what Lucy Mercer used to call him, I am told.

...but I still think Democrats are substantially more likely to do something to help me than the GOP is.

how long will that mantra be repeated?

where are the facts to back that up? i've been alive for nearly 40 years and i still want to know from where this phantom "feeling" comes from. f*cking democrats...republicans too for that matter.

both parties are irrelevant. it just comes down to the individual issues that you hold dear and whatever the side of the fence those happen to fall on.

Hey, at least Hillary tried to do something about health care. She may even try again.

Hey, at least Hillary tried to do something about health care. She may even try again.

I know, and if she does, it will be a system that will get abused even more than our current system does .. Abused by illegal immigrants and other people that have babies just to get more money from the government.. "free health care for unfortunate people.. blah blah blah...." We don't need more free health care, we need more people getting off their asses and getting jobs that provide good private health care..

My mother works at a free medical clinic and she says the majority of her patients are illegal immigrants.. wtf.. why should I have to pay for their health care??

I'm not rich either, but I have worked hard to be able to get a job with a good company that provides good benefits.. The goverment didn't give me that..

none of the issues on bjorns list fall on the republican side of the fence you mention.

shouldn't those issues have already been satisfied in his favor by now. it's always the same wish list each election. where are the results? especially when a particular party has spent two terms with their thumb up their ass? the whole system is run by self-serving representatives. it is not designed to get results, only to build up expectations and project "feelings" of accomplishment to their faithful. that's just how i see it.

You know Hillary is desperate for support when she plays the gender card by proclaiming that all women voters should "rally around her" what a complete joke. Even if Hillary somehow wins the nomination she will never become president, NEVER. Mark that one down because she doesnt stand a chance. Obama/Edwards in whichever order is the best chance the Dems have of winning IMO. But i dont care how much money Hillary has she is such a puppet its unbelieveable. Anyone with half a brain can see right through her, shes a fraud and a liar. She doesnt truly believe half of the things she says its all just what she has been advised to say from Bill and whoever else is cramming bullshit in her ear. Where as Obama and Edwards speak on issues they feel passionate about (and you can clearly tell with Obama especially) they actually care about making this country the best place it can be for everyone. Whereas Hillary is all about Hillary and her own agenda rather than the American people. This is coming from someone who actually voted for John kerry (i know he sucks too but it was him or W). I fully intend to vote Democratic just as i did last election, but if the ticket has Hillary's name on it I will surely vote Republican. :no

yeah, but if that was the case, then those issues would have already been satisfied in his favor by now. it's always the same wish list each election. where are the results? especially when a particular party has spent two terms with their thumb up their ass? the whole system is run by self-serving representatives. it is not designed to get results, only to build up expectations and project "feelings" of accomplishment to their faithful. that's just how i see it.
You may be right. Your alternative, please.
Where as Obama and Edwards speak on issues they feel passionate about (and you can clearly tell with Obama especially) they actually care about making this country the best place it can be for everyone.
Or maybe they're just better at appearing so.
My mother works at a free medical clinic and she says the majority of her patients are illegal immigrants.. wtf.. why should I have to pay for their health care??
Try to look at it this way - illegal immigrants often pay Social Security taxes for benefits they'll never receive. An I'll say it again - we don't have a ton of people lining up to do the jobs illegal immigrants do in this country. If there was not an economic benefit to be derived from them, which we ALL see in lower prices for goods and services, they would not be here.
You may be right. Your alternative, please.

you know what bjorn?..i don't know. that's my best answer right now. you would think that a nation such as ours could put forth a handful of candidates that actually had their shit together. maybe that's all we've got to go on is that elusive "feeling." the older i get the harder it is to keep participating in this charade.

It would seem in this case the laws of economics have superseded the laws of nation-states.

you know what bjorn?..i don't know. that's my best answer right now. you would think that a nation such as ours could put forth a handful of candidates that actually had their shit together. maybe that's all we've got to go on is that elusive "feeling." the older i get the harder it is to keep participating in this charade.

I know. I'm sorry for putting you on the spot like that. W. and Iraq shocked the third-party right out of me. What we really need is a new new new deal.

We don't need more free health care, we need more people getting off their asses and getting jobs that provide good private health care..

Fortunately there is an endless number of these, and hard work is all it takes to guarantee securing one. What a country!

I'm not rich either, but I have worked hard to be able to get a job with a good company that provides good benefits.. The goverment didn't give me that..

Congratulations. Your experience will necessarily reflect everyone else's 100% of the time. Fantastic.

QUOTE(YouAReMYface @ Nov 2 2007, 04:26 PM) *

Where as Obama and Edwards speak on issues they feel passionate about (and you can clearly tell with Obama especially) they actually care about making this country the best place it can be for everyone.

Or maybe they're just better at appearing so.

Yeah, maybe they are better at appearing so. But if its good enough to appear authentic to the American people, it will surely benefit our country especially in matters of foreign relations and policy to have a president who appears authentic whether they are or not. Whether we like it or not appearance and that gut feeling you have about a candidate is what we have to judge from. I see a confident and charismatic leader in Obama who speaks from his mind and his heart, same with Edwards he "appears" to fight for issues that are truly important to him. Hillary looks like shes reading from a telepromter in her mind with a little script dictating the most strategic move and stance possible to manipulate people into voting for her. Can't you see that Hillary is only saying what she thinks we want to hear. Yeah when our country got attacked and we needed to do something about it Hillary was all for voting for the war in Iraq....now all of a sudden the war is a disaster and she backs off completely. In this country we deal in facts and if you want to do something to change the country then you better come up with a realistic and practical solution with a well thought out plan. Not just saying hey, we need to take a hard stance on terrorists...then a couple years later saying, Ooops i meant we should take a hard stance on terror but not in the case of Iraq not anymore. What a joke. Flip flopping and saying what is popular is what lost the Dems the last election, dont make the same mistake again because Hillary will get torn apart in a real debate.

When is this antiquated, backwoods attitude towards socialized health care going to croak? I've known countless Americans who work hard and pay through the nose for crappy medical insurance that covers little and demands constant co-pays etc. Insurance companies are one of the most absurd, immoral and corrupt entities we have in American business. How much do you think it would really cost us all to pay tax on a universal plan? More than your monthly bill?

The government doesn't just give people health care, the people give the government the power to give each other health care. And when you take out the bottom line (the fat cats at the top of each insurance company) and make it non-profit all of the sudden costs seem a bit more reasonable.

Look at: Switzerland, Canada, France, Germany. Some of these systems are flawed, perhaps, but I would rather pay your health care than for some CEO's yacht.

"If someone is poor, it's always the result of choices they made somewhere along the line."

That's a direct quote from my Republican sister. How do we combat a worldview that replaces reality with a cartoon?