For all of you Eagles haters...

As for Grand Funk....what do people here think, they are a cult band? Heck no, they sold a jillion records and much of what they did was very MOR.

LouieB

Later stuff maybe - not the early stuff I don't think.

Inside Looking Out (Live) - ain't nothing MOR about this deal - I will tell you that.

I never really listened to them that much actually - I have a couple cdrs of songs from their box set and I think the red album on vinyl - that's it.

The Eagles, to me, are boring, and I never liked them. I think a good reason for their appeal is stated above - they are safe as milk.

I never liked them. I like Joe Walsh. that's about it. like some of Henley's solo stuff. I remember when The Long Run came out and my parents bought it. I hated it every time they played that record...

...except In the City :hmm

I never liked them. I like Joe Walsh. that's about it. like some of Henley's solo stuff. I remember when The Long Run came out and my parents bought it. I hated it every time they played that record...

...except In the City :hmm

Bud and Sissy?

Grand Funk wasn't intially MOR and the Eagles didn't initially suck either. On the other hand GFR wasn't the MC5 and the Eagles weren't the Flying Burritto Brothers (although some of them did play with them.)

Once again, the Eagles are too easy to hate. They made some great radio hits and some dreck, but they really aren't all that bad.

LouieB

Grand Funk wasn't intially MOR and the Eagles didn't initially suck either. On the other hand GFR wasn't the MC5 and the Eagles weren't the Flying Burritto Brothers (although some of them did play with them.)

Once again, the Eagles are too easy to hate. They made some great radio hits and some dreck, but they really aren't all that bad.

LouieB

Yes, I did like the Eagles.

And I don't think that they suck. But after hearing the same damn songs over and over... :yawn

And that applies to ANYTHING that Don Henley sings on, actually. Just one of those voices and one of those presences whose mere existance has been working on my nerves for the last 25 or 30 years. And I think that is probably how most of the Eagles haters here feel. Nobody denies them their talent, it's just...

ENOUGH ALREADY.

That said, Joe Walsh has escaped a lot of the ill feelings associated with his former band. Both from me and from many other Eagles haters that I know. I think it's the sense of humor that has saved him.

LouieB

At the end of the day, everyone likes what they like.

And I don't think that they suck. But after hearing the same damn songs over and over... :yawn
You know it......not hearing some of those songs ever again could be a blessing...but there are lots of songs like that unfortunately.

LouieB

This is probably the sickest thing about it. Hating the Eagles is way way too easy. Compared to so much of the crap on radio, what I have heard from their new album, doesn't sound all that bad and their greatest hits aren't THAT bad either. People just love to hate these guys, that's all.

After all these years of hearing how horrible the Eagles are on VC I continue to take the position that they really aren't that bad.

As for Grand Funk....what do people here think, they are a cult band? Heck no, they sold a jillion records and much of what they did was very MOR.

LouieB

Only ONE record in Grand Funk's catalogue can be considered MOR: All the Girls in the World Beware.

These guys may have lost their edge late in the first incarnation, but I don't think ANYBODY who actually listened to more than the TWO poppy singles from the above cited album could say GFR is MOR with a straight face.

Preposterous

Some of the who's songs have been ruined for me...Not because I care that they are in commercials, but because they got repeated too much.

Pete Townsend's behavior with respecte to whoring his catalogue to the highest bidder has not affected my affection for his music.

This is probably the sickest thing about it. Hating the Eagles is way way too easy. Compared to so much of the crap on radio, what I have heard from their new album, doesn't sound all that bad and their greatest hits aren't THAT bad either. People just love to hate these guys, that's all.

After all these years of hearing how horrible the Eagles are on VC I continue to take the position that they really aren't that bad.

LouieB

I remember reading that in '71 GF sold out Shea Stadium in record time - quicker than the Beatles. They were pretty huge here in the Midwest. I liked them a lot. The live LP was really good although it had the worst sound you can imagine. Almost like a bootleg.

I actually really like them but want to come off as being hip by saying I don't. I have an insatiable need to impress others.

make up your mind Shibby!

Yes, I did like the Eagles.

And that applies to ANYTHING that Don Henley sings on, actually. Just one of those voices and one of those presences whose mere existance has been working on my nerves for the last 25 or 30 years. And I think that is probably how most of the Eagles haters here feel. Nobody denies them their talent, it's just...

ENOUGH ALREADY.

That said, Joe Walsh has escaped a lot of the ill feelings associated with his former band. Both from me and from many other Eagles haters that I know. I think it's the sense of humor that has saved him.

well, the eagles are one of the few bands that i can hear their tunes over and over and never tire. hotel california and peaceful easy feeling being 2. that being said, i hate desperado and witching. i also pretty much hate glenn frey and don henley solo because they were played ALL THE TIME on mtv and top forty radio in the 80s!! now, i can see folks who grew up listening to radio in the 70s hating the eagles. like hating boston, styx, etc. too much airplay. i was a little kid in the 70s i had one record by blondie. unfortunately, my mom listened to the bee gees:(

Well, it's going to be their last according to Don Henley:

'Long Road Out Of Eden' to be their last

2 hours ago

The Eagles' Don Henley has confirmed that the band's latest album' date=' 'Long Road Out Of Eden', is to be their last.

The album, the reformed band's first since 1979's 'The Long Run', is currently Number One in both the UK and USA.

Drummer Henley has explained, however, that the band will not make another, saying: "This is the final statement. We got back together and went around the world twice on tour but then there was nothing left to do without new music.

"Now we have this album that fits in with our body of work. There won't be another Eagles album after this."

The Eagles originally disbanded in 1980, but reformed in 1994 to play a number of highly successful tours.[/quote']