C'mon folks...let your nerd flags fly!!!

I was actually watching and rooting for this guy

mike_symon.03.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss the days when Food Network had cooking shows. I get tired of documentaries and pseudo-cooks like Rachel Ray and Sandra Lee. But damn if I don't love Alton Brown a lot.

We're Food Network freaks as well.

I also watch Bourdain on the Travel Channel. :wub

Me too. Love him!

Have you heard about the "No Reservations" holiday special? I'm planning my Christmas party with my nerdy friends around it.

Oh hell yeah. When are the new ones starting back up?

Dunno. There are still a bunch I haven't seen from past seasons, though, so I hope to catch up a bit while they're showing reruns. (I've seen the Ghana one they're showing tonight, though.)

Anyone read any of his books?

I haven't read any of his fiction, but I've read all of his non-fiction books. "A Cook's Tour" is one of my favorites. I've been gradually working my way through "The Nasty Bits" for the past few months.

i try wayyyyyyyy too hard to be humphrey bogart.

i mean, imagine play it again, sam... times 10.

i seriously can't drive without wearing my fedora, i mean i absolutely refuse to.

the girl sitting behind me at the theater the weekend before last asked me to take it off because she couldn't see. it hurt to do, but i took it off since she asked nicely.

i've had pneumonia for the past week, and when i went to the doctor last week he walked in the door and looked directly at my fedora, then at my pajama bottoms and just laughed.

and to make it worse, i'm made up of about 50% bogie and 50% greaser. i listen to wayyyyyyyyy too much doo-wop and rock and roll. i get the weirdest looks when i pull up next to someone on the road and i'm wearing my fedora and blasting buddy holly.

i'm not a car fan, not even remotely, but i'd seriously give up a testicle to have a black convertible '57 chevy bel-air.

I have a Tree of Gondor tattoo.

I printed about fifteen NY Times friday & saturday crosswords tonight.

I realize the Saturday (and often the Friday) NYT Crossword is more difficult than the Sunday, but I get really, really excited in anticipation for the Sunday one each week. I've been doing it for about 20 years and have rarely missed a week.