Neil Young Massey Hall Nov. 26th

So my dad and I drove down from the Sault to Toronto on Monday to see Neil back home at Massey Hall for the first time in 36 years. This show was super special because not only was Neil coming back home he was playing at (in my opinion) the best venue again for the first time in years. All three shows he's playing at Massey Hall were all complete sell outs and it was only the die hard Neil Young fans there. Neil got a standing ovation almost after every song in his acoustic set (especially after Ambulance Blues which has many Toronto references) and then for the electric set Neil, Ben, Rick and Ralph absolutely rocked. They sounded absolutely massive, huge huge sounding. Anyways here's the full setlist, not unlike any other show on the tour but you can't really beat this set list.

From Hank To Hendrix / Ambulance Blues / Sad Movies / A Man Needs A Maid / No One Seems To Know / Harvest / Journey Through The Past / Mellow My Mind / Love Art Blues / Cowgirl In The Sand / Old Man // The Loner / Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere / Dirty Old Man / Spirit Road / Bad Fog Of Loneliness / Winterlong / Oh, Lonesome Me / The Believer / No Hidden Path // Cinnamon Girl / Like A Hurricane

Anyways after the show my dad and I hung outside waiting for everyone to come out in the freezing cold and sleet coming down in buckets. Ralph came out first and I got his autograph and thanked him for the show etc. Then Rick came out and did the same. Ben came out a different door and chugged it straight to his bus which was quite disappointing because I would've loved to get his autograph and talked to him as well. Then at 12:30 Neil came out and it was completely surreal to see him right in front me. I thanked him for his music and the great show and said we came all the way from Sault Ste. Marie and he said "I remember the Sault" and gave me a nod and a wink. Sault Ste. Marie was the only border in Ontario leading into Michigan that would let him through where he eventually went to L.A. Anyways it was a fantastic show and I urge anyone who is even the least bit hesitant to go see him, do it you won't regret it.

Then at 12:30 Neil came out and it was completely surreal to see him right in front me. I thanked him for his music and the great show and said we came all the way from Sault Ste. Marie and he said "I remember the Sault" and gave me a nod and a wink.

Very cool! Thanks for the review.

That is a great review Halle ... I was wondering if you'd made it to one of the shows.

"I remember the Sault." and the nod and the wink -- had to be priceless. :worship

I got to catch the Detroit show earlier this month, and it was transcendent.

I am jealous of anyone who has gotten to see Neil Young on this tour. I am in Champaign, IL for college, and his two Chicago shows were too far away to make it on a Monday or a Tuesday. I have looked at the setlists, and they look awesome.

However, the story does not end on a sad note. A friend of mine went to the St. Louis show, and brought me back a tour shirt. I am thrilled to get it, and it was just about the nicest thing anyone has done for me this semester.

On another note of my trip to Toronto. On the following day I saw Stars with Miracle Fortress opening up. Fantastic show. Miracle Fortress were great and Stars definitely exceeded my expectations by a ton. This was their second show of 4 in Toronto to end their tour, they played 22 songs and they were super super slick. Much more appreciation for them now.