Anthony Bourdain Holiday Special

I hate Queens of the Stone Age, but love Bourdain. Pumped.

The holiday season is a time of year when families come together and try to put aside their differences. The Bourdain family is no exception. Join Anthony Bourdain as he travels to Connecticut to spend the holiday with his brother
  • 4 weeks later...

I watched that show once - he was hanging around with Harvey Pekar.

I usually don't go for such shows - but I sort of like this one:

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives

And just because I can not believe people would serve such crap - sometimes I like to watch Gordon Ramsay yell at people:

Kitchen Nightmares

It's pretty calculated I'd say - but it is funny. I like the one where the loan sharks kept showing up to yell at the italian dude while Gordon was yelling at him.

Yeah. That one was hilarious. The restaurant owner/manager guy was a real ass.

I watched that show once - he was hanging around with Harvey Pekar.

I usually don't go for such shows - but I sort of like this one:

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives

And just because I can not believe people would serve such crap - sometimes I like to watch Gordon Ramsay yell at people:

Kitchen Nightmares

these are both awesome. I prefer the BBC version of Kitchen Nightmares. i pretty much want to eat at every place they've visited in DD'n'D...

chefs are assholes. I hate shows about them.

You might like Bourdain's show. It's kind of the opposite of a chef show -- rather than him cooking, he goes out and samples the fare in some pretty far-flung locations -- street food, local favorites, home cooking -- and though he does occasionally hobnob with an established chef, it doesn't happen very often.

Plus, it's not on Food Network, but the Travel Channel -- which is appropriate, because in the end it's usually more about the adventure than the cuisine.

these are both awesome. I prefer the BBC version of Kitchen Nightmares. i pretty much want to eat at every place they've visited in DD'n'D...

I wonder if the dude has went to Primanti Brothers yet.