The Riv Shows

i am sure many of these topics will be created b/f Feb, but which songs would you like to hear open the set each nite?

Nite 1: What's The World Got In Store

Nite 2: I Must Be High

Nite 3: I'm Always In Love

Nite 4: Poor Places --> Reservations --> IATTBYH --> Kamera (i know that is four songs but i loved when they opened with those tracks in the past)

Nite 5: Airline To Heaven

Hey,

I was thinking about this the other night when I was blown away by this whole concept.

I kind of have this idea of them opening with their opening track each night and than moving around their catalog.

Night 1 : I Must Be High

Night 2 : Misunderstood

Night 3 : I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Night 4 : At Least That's What You Said

Night 5 : Either Way

Yea, I can't really see Can't Stand It opening a show or being played. We'll have to see.

Someone will have to tally up all of Wilco's recordings to see how many songs they have. I think I see 96 on another thread.

I was at all 3 Pearl Jam shows from 2003 in Boston where they tried to attempt this. I think they only missed three songs (Red Mosquito, Last Exit, Glorified G).

I may think of 5 different setlists for these shows at some point.

Thanks,

Kristofor

The way I see it, a normal Wilco show is anywhere from 90 to 120 minutes.

All of their studio output (including Mermaid Avenue material) is roughly 6 hours and 40 minutes. Spread over 5 nights, this averages to 80 minutes for each show. If their goal is to play everything, then they'll still have some time left for the b-sides/soundtrack tunes (Thanks I Get, Magazine, Just A Kid, Cars Can't Escape, Kicking TV, etc.). Let's just keep our fingers crossed!

I know my wishlist consists of mostly B-sides and soundtrack stuff:

Blasting Fonda

Just A Kid (preferably with full back-up vocals from kids like on the track)

Can't Stand It

Magazine Called Sunset

More Like The Moon

and lastly...

My Darling (with Bennett in the mix...hey, it's a wishlist, right?)

But, to answer the question:

I Must Be High

Misunderstood

Pot Kettle Black

Side With The Seeds

Poor Places>Spiders

In that order.

i've always thought every show should open with Airline to heaven. jeff starting off solo with the rest of the band clapping their hands in the air and slowly coming into it verse by verse

I could not agree more.

1. Box Full Of Letters. I know it isn't one of the rarer tracks but it has sentimental value to me. It was the first time I ever heard Wilco and it was during, well let's just say I was becoming a man at the time if you get my drift.

2. Airline to Heaven. It is my favorite track on KT. The slide guitar is phenomenal. As much as he gets praised for his normal guitar playing, I think Nels' slide playing is the best thing he has brought to the band. He is a very underrated slide player.

3. The Lonely 1. The show could start out with just Nels', Jeff and Mikael.

4. Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway (Again). Before I die I have to hear them play this song live. For some reason I can't help but think that it should have been written for The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

5. A Magazine Called Sunset. I just want to see who would be rocking out on the xylophone.

even jeff has time to do some solo tunes during the shows like on the AM tour (gun, black eye, if thats alright or screen door)

I can not imagine one of the shows not ending with an Acuff Rose solo!

Night 1: Misunderstood

Night 2: You are my face

Night 3: Summerteeth

Night 4: At Least That's What You Said

Night 5: IATTBYH - into a YHF playthrough answering all questions as to why no YHF was played the first 4 nights.

It would be great if they played "Spiders" like it was done originally and also the full-blown version. Maybe as bookends of the same show, or of the entire run.

they should do this with "Heavy Metal Drummer" too. play the regular version and the "goth" version.

Guest David Puddy
It would be great if they played "Spiders" like it was done originally and also the full-blown version. Maybe as bookends of the same show, or of the entire run.

i vote for jeff solo spiders to open, then end the first set with original spiders and then end the last encore with album version spiders.